EJA A/C Assignment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EJA Class Dates

Herc man - I go to indoc on April 15 and the Falcon 2000 GS/SIM on or around the 7th or 8th of May in TEB. Good luck! Looking forward to joining all of you current EJA pilots on the line! Sounds like a great place to work...and getting better every day! HF :)

Bebop,
I have to agree with sparticusflt. I spent 24+ months in the Ultra and NEVER pulled the lav out. Tip the line guys a little more and they'll do it all for you.

Cheers,
EJA Capt :D

Bartender?

What's up with getting the pax drinks at EJA? Is this standard procedure there? Are you expected to mix drinks too?

Do you as the pilots ever getted tipped at EJA or other fracs?

Anaconda
I have never mixed a drink for a pax(nor would they want me to-probably would taste lousy).
We do not serve the pax-part of the pax brief is where the catering and snack are located-but as a matter of courtesy I always ask if anyone would like anything prior to taxi-they always decline-but customer service is a big big part of the job at EJA.
Also on a long leg or if I get up to get something for myself I always ask the pax how the temp is-would you like anything etc.
These people pay bigggg bucks and have biggg bucks.
But to be honest most of the pax I have run into are very down to earth and nice.
Hope this helps.
Fly Safe
Chuck
Ps I can't let EJA Capt answer everything-he is just too helpful! He has been supplying great info about EJA for a long time!

Does EJA pay for uniforms? If the pilots pay, is there a periodic payroll deduction?
What about Options?

EJA Pays for your uniforms and additions to the uniform-such as sweaters, london fog overcoat, ties, eppelets, wings etc.
Then each year you get an annual amount to order stuff online.
During Indoc you go to a private vendor-you are measured/sized-then you get the stuff in the mail a few weeks later.

How does the bidding for the BBJ work at EJA? Do senior FO's get to bid for the BBJ? What is the timeframe for Captains to make it to the BBJ? Just wondering how that part of EJA worked. Thanks!
-TX_Pilot

the bbj program is pretty stagnant right now. we have 5 planes, 4 more this year (2 delayed from last fall plus 2 more scheduled).
sales are very slow (9/11, high price tag/small market, etc). the planes aren't flying much - i've been in it 6 months and just broke 30 hours/7 landings, many others have even less.

right now, only pic bids are coming out - actually the last bid that came out was early fall - the next one isn't expected for several months.

the bids are going very senior - a new hire today wouldn't expect to see the bbj as capt for at least 10 years, probably longer. at some point in the future - probably 2-3 years, fo bids will be posted and junior pilots may want to bid for those slots.

Latest resources

Back