Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EMB145

Frequent Flyer
According to some of the gouge sites, the interviewers will ask which A/C you prefer. Does your request play role in the A/C assignment? Is it appropriate to make your desire known or the right answer is "I take anything with a wing on it"?
Is there any idea what is the specific reason for specific A/C assignment or is it random?

Thanks.

Aircraft assgnments are made on the basis of qualifications and company needs. (per EJA documentation). Nothing random about it as far as I can tell.

What I'd like to know is what influence (if any) the answer to this question has on the hiring decision? I know it influences hiring date as to when a class for a given aircraft is available. Also any insight into what company needs are could be useful. i.e. what planes are most in need of pilots?

Just got the call - here's the scoop.

Hey folks. Linda from EJA just called today (5 days from interview) and offered the Falcon 2000 or the Citation Ultra. After some discussion with my wife, I decided to go for the DA-2000. But, the Ultra class was available a couple of weeks before the Falcon. Ironically, the Ultra GS was scheduled a few weeks after the Indoc so I will probably finish the Falcon school before the Ultra school finishes. I know that you may say that one should consider the senority one passes up by waiting a couple weeks, but EJA plans to hire 700 this year so a couple wont hurt too bad (tell me I'm right.) The other thought is that I already have flown the CE-550 for five years and wanted to do something different. At least I will see a new type rating for the two-year commitment. I feel very priviledged to be a part of the leading fractional in the industry!

At the interview, when asked about "which a/c", I told them I was in between jobs and just wanted to work for EJA. They then said, "come on, just tell us which one u want to fly." I told them the Hawker 800XP because upgrades come sooner than the 2000 (senior CPT aircraft) and it wouldn't hurt to be familar with one's a/c before upgrading in it. They said not to worry, aircraft locks get released quite regularly and one could go over when desired. Anyway, best of luck to all. If you have a reasonable background (EFIS and FMS) they sometimes stamp your folder for "any aircraft."

Have a great week! HF

Sorry!!!

Sorry guys and gals, "reasonable" is incorrect term. I should've said "electronic" background. Sorry for the putdown. Many of you have very "reasonable" backgrounds without any EFIS OR FMS and would fly circles around me all week long. Sorry. HF

What I got...

At my interview I answered that I wanted to fly the Citation X, but I was excited to fly any of them, they all looked good to me. I am now scheduled for the Ultra in late Feb because I elected seniority over size (does size really matter??). I think a lot of what determines the a/c is whether or not you have any FMS experience or not. I had none, and I was offered the Excel or the VII if I wanted to wait 1 or 2 months. Hard to say what decides it for sure.

When they called with a job offer I was given the choice between two a/c- the Ultra and the Hawker 800. Just as the others, I could of started the Ultra in March, but I chose to go with the Hawker in May. I hope this will not hurt too much in terms of senority.
Coming from C130's with steam gauges, I wondered the same about my lack of FMS experience in terms of a/c offered. Honestly, though, I just glad they offered me something!

PS- I was asked if I wanted to fly the X, ofcourse I said, but like all of us squirrels chasing the same nut, I told them ANY airframe would be great. They did not seem to mind my answer.

Falcon FO is the easiest job at Exec Jet.

The captain performs the walk around, the flight attendant cleans/stocks and gives passenger briefings, all you do is get the clearance!

Not bad!

In the other fleets the FO cleans, stocks, gets newspapers, gives pax briefings, serves the first drinks (before engine start), gets the catering, and gets the clearance and puts it in the box. Not to mention on the Ultra, which does NOT have an external lav dump, the FO gets to remove the toliet bowl and bring it to the ramp guys. Wheew!!!

Highflyer-
I interviewed in Wichata on Nov 6 and 7. I was called about 3 weeks later. The timing was not too bad for me....it allowed me to stay with the Navy until the end of Jan (which, at the end of today I am OUT) and keep on flying. When are you doing indoc and all that other stuff? Talk to you soon.

Geez Bebop now your gonna start scaring these guys about the Ultra. In the 15months I was in that AC I only pulled the lav once. Thats what tips are for. Of course the Falcon FO job is the easiest gig at EJA. It doesn't get any easier then that one.

To those of you that due get the Ultra, don't worry about it. Its a solid aircraft and a great type rating to have.

Latest resources

Back