• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

EAL back in business

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Lorenzo is looking for a job? now if they could only get the machinist union back in place.

BTW: Love the paint job,

Frank Lorenzo is forever "barred" from holding an air carrier certificate in the US,just in case you forgot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;););) :laugh::laugh::laugh: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Republican Vice Presidential Candidate Mike Pence's plane overshot the runway at LaGuardia Airport in New York City on Thursday night.

Pence told reporters that no one had been injured.

"We can see mud on the front windows," a calm Pence said in the press cabin about a minute after the plane came to rest. He said he felt fine.

Later, the Indiana governor tweeted: "So thankful everyone on our plane is safe. Grateful for our first responders & the concern & prayers of so many. Back on the trail tomorrow!"

In Geneva, Ohio, GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump told his supporters that Pence had come "pretty close to grave, grave danger." But, he added: "I just spoke to Mike Pence and he's fine. Everybody's fine."

After a bumpy approach, the Boeing 737 Eastern Airlines charter landed roughly, making first contact with the runway concrete. The pilot slammed on the brakes and passengers could smell burning rubber.

The roughly 40 passengers and crew, including Pence, were evacuated through the back of the plane.

The Port Authority shut down the runway following the incident, but later reopened it. In a statement the agency confirmed that the plane had "overshot" the runway, there were no injuries and there was no fire.

Pence spokesman Marc Lotter said Pence spoke with Trump shortly after the landing. The vice presidential candidate also called into the $1 million fundraiser he had been expected to attend, Lotter said.

___

Associated Press writers Laurie Kellman in Washington and Thomas McElroy in New York contributed to this report.

Tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tough landing the late model 737 @ LGA yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: :laugh::laugh:

I flew Citizen Dole for a brief period, until they discovered I wasn't a supporter. The bozo that replaced me was known for hard landings. He made national news.

Found this post today on another forum. So, the EAL name is being reincarnated...again ? And 10 B767s...immediately ?

"Yesterday Dynamic Airways asked the DOT for permission to crank up 10 B-767s immediately for charter work. They have acquired the rights to use the name "Eastern Air Lines" from Swift Air. Should be interesting. Will need lots of pilots real fast."

Nothing on their website (I guess this is their website ?) The only news I find at all concerns their BK last summer.

https://flydya.com/

Found this post today on another forum. So, the EAL name is being reincarnated...again ? And 10 B767s...immediately ?

"Yesterday Dynamic Airways asked the DOT for permission to crank up 10 B-767s immediately for charter work. They have acquired the rights to use the name "Eastern Air Lines" from Swift Air. Should be interesting. Will need lots of pilots real fast."

Nothing on their website (I guess this is their website ?) The only news I find at all concerns their BK last summer.

https://flydya.com/
south Florida, they should find a few

Latest resources

Back