EAL back in business

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotyip

Eastern Air Lines Group, Inc. - Certficate of Public Convenience and Necessity - Foreign Passenger Charters - Issued April 28, 2015 | Served May 18, 2015
Order 2015-5-11
OST-2014-0013
- Certficate of Public Convenience and Necessity - Foreign Passenger Charters

Issued April 28, 2015 | Served May 18, 2015
Order Issuing Foreign Certificate
By Order 2015-4-16, issued on April 20, 2015, we directed all interested persons to show cause why we should not make final our tentative findings and conclusions stated in it and award certificates of public convenience and necessity to Eastern Air Lines Group, Inc. authorizing it to engage in interstate and foreign charter air transportation of persons, property and mail. Interested persons were given 5 calendar days to file objections to the order.
No objections to the show-cause order were received. Thus, by this order, we are issuing a certificate authorizing Eastern to engage in foreign charter air transportation of persons, property and mail.
By Order 2015-4-22, issued April 28, 2015, the Department found Eastern fit to engage in interstate charter passenger air transportation and issued to the air carrier an interstate charter certificate authorizing such operations.

I guess that's progress...quiet progress. :D

Nothing about the certificate on their website. You'd think a fledgling company would be shouting this from the rooftops. :confused:

And not a peep that I've been able to find about pilot hiring. Had a friend with boatloads of 737 PIC time send in his resume but not hear anything in return.

YIP...you should apply.. Them being non Union and all.. Plus you can add to the list of strong to very strong career choices you like to wax poetic about....

YIP...you should apply.. Them being non Union and all.. Plus you can add to the list of strong to very strong career choices you like to wax poetic about....
na, but thank for the advice, I have a much better job right now and live in a much nicer part of the country. It is about QOL, not money.

(FWIW) Last couple of times passing through MIA, I've seen a 737 painted in Eastern colors on the Landmark ramp.

na, but thank for the advice, I have a much better job right now and live in a much nicer part of the country.

Michigan nicer than Florida? Since when?

Michigan nicer than Florida? Since when?
Lived in Fla twice, take MI any day, I love the seasons, makes you appreciate good weather that we see so seldom up here.

Lived in Fla twice, take MI any day, I love the seasons, makes you appreciate good weather that we see so seldom up here.

45+ years in metro Detroit, now living in FL.....haven't missed winter (or seasons) one bit. Only time I don't wear shorts is when I travel north of the border . But Randy, I do miss some of what SE MI does have to offer!

Last edited:
I do miss some of what SE MI does have to offer!

Ah, Detroit ...

Crack houses?
Crack hos?
Trying to figure out which gang colors to wear?
Trying to figure out which bulletproof vest to wear?
Miles of abandoned buildings?
Devil's Night?
Dark nights because none of the street lights are operable?
Evenings in the ER getting your latest bullet wounds stitched?

Latest resources

Back