Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TheBigH

FA love u long time ...
Couldn't find the info on here so though I'd ask.

Can anyone give me some info on FO reserve out of the NY (LGA/JFK) domicile, mainly just wanna know:

1. How long is the long-call callout ?
2. How long does it take before you can completely avoid short-call reserve?
3. Are they Nazi's about how long it takes you to get to the airport, i.e. say you live 2 hrs away but get stuck in traffic on the way ...

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

There is no Long/Short callout. To keep it short you know what days of the month you will be on reserve. During those days you can either pick up a trip that does not have an FO on it, or choose to sit at home on call. The on calls start at 4am and 10am. Once called you have 2 hours to make it to the airport. If you are not at the airport within 2 hours after call out you will get a mark on your attendance.

Thanks, that's what I had heard, 3 hr callout is doable, 2, no way I live exactly 2 hrs w/ no traffic. Thanks guys

Missed assignment on probation probably means termination.

Aside from the fact that regionals can't find guys right now, they also just spent $20K+ on training and typing you. As long as you don't make it a habit, you ain't getting fired for showing up late once.

I worked at Eagle. Did you?

Eh. Your prolly right. Eagle is the same airline that hired me and a bunch of other guys back in 2008, sent us all to flight safety on their dime, then canceled our classes and still haven't called with an update. Thanks for the vacation in Florida for 2 weeks eagle!

Latest resources

Back