eagle jet international

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

135pilot

Is anyone familiar with the 135 operators used in the SIC piston program,their location would also be appreciated.
Thanks for your replies.

Their main office is in Miami but they use quite a few companies for training. I think Ameri Flight is one of them. They have contract with these companies and u pay eagle jet for the hours u want and the airplane u want to fly. but where ever u go for job after this people will look into the hours u've got and buying the hours might not be helpful sometimes. Good luck anyway!!!

I did the FO program with Tyler Aviation. It is similar to Eagle Jet. I am flying a Sa227AT/AC (Metro III and Merlin IV) for Ameriflight. We fly everything from UPS and DHL stuff to newspapers. You are doing EVERYTHING the paid pilot would be doing. You are just paying for the hours.

Some may say that is not a good thing to do. I bet only a CFI will complain about it. As they decided to go the CFI route. I was to old to go the CFI route and I wanted to get my time real quickly. I also felt the experience would be better.

Well here is how you can figure the overall value. How much does it cost to purchase 250 hours in a Cessna 172 these days? Now take the $15,500 it will cost you to fly the Metro (through Tyler) and divide that out by 250 hours. Hmmmmmm....... what is a better deal?

Single engine, recreation time or a 16,000 pound turbo-prop under Part 135, flying on a schedule and having to fly through whatever is sent your way (weather,etc..). In addition, it is actually cheaper then a 172.

Now I'll address the job interview....
I have three friends that did the program that ALL got hired with regionals after they did the program. American Eagle, COEX and just last week Comair.

What I will say is that if you do ONLY do it in the Metro. I have been told there is GREAT respect for people who lfy this thing. I don't see why, it is not that hard, but the systems are much more complicated then a BE-1900. Again, this comes from guys at AMF that have flown both. I woul d also suggest Ameriflight. They are the largest 135 operator. Therefore it is the closest thing to a "Real" airline you can find. It is mostly all scheduled so you really learn and gain a ton of experiance.

I can offer anything else you need just let me know

Good Luck.

Your gonna get it sell out.

Icywings-

I'll bet you're not older than I am, and I support your right to make your own decision. I'm glad you're satisfied with it.

Perhaps that will give me the edge when we go for the same interview.

:)

Why pay for a job, when you can earned ?
But hey , personal succes/satisfaction is overrated!!! right?

"You are doing EVERYTHING the paid pilot would be doing. You are just paying for the hours."

Tell that to these guys here http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2995

"Some may say that is not a good thing to do. I bet only a CFI will complain about it. As they decided to go the CFI route. I was to old to go the CFI route and I wanted to get my time real quickly. I also felt the experience would be better.

Well here is how you can figure the overall value. How much does it cost to purchase 250 hours in a Cessna 172 these days? Now take the $15,500 it will cost you to fly the Metro (through Tyler) and divide that out by 250 hours. Hmmmmmm....... what is a better deal?

Single engine, recreation time or a 16,000 pound turbo-prop under Part 135, flying on a schedule and having to fly through whatever is sent your way (weather,etc..). In addition, it is actually cheaper then a 172."

So your saying you don't like to put in a lot of hard work. That speaks volumes of yourself. When you want to go on a date with a girl "real quickly" do you go and find yourself a hooker? That's the easy thing to do right?

I second the post by Jaybird- ..... Icywings did nothing except take a job away from someone who "EARNED" it although a Captain there who had the unfortunate task of flying with these "radio players" as he would call them once told me that most people who do the Tyler/Eagle Jet programs have flying skills that have alot to be desired and that they "all" have to be babied since they are "buying" the job which makes sense... since most pilots who earn a job and have paid their dues are expected to succeed and excel due mostly to their "qualifications" something that money just doesn't "buy"...

Latest resources

Back