• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Duchess flying in the US

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Try Aviation Atlanta. They have four. The rate may be a little higher than other places, but they are well maintained, and the night life in Atlanta is better than Podunk Oklahoma.

www.aviationatlanta.com

Depends on what you like. I'd rather be in a college town of about 100K than Atlanta with a billion other people. Westheimer Field in Norman is a decent class D airport with a control tower, and OKC class C up the road for practice appchs.
I enjoyed flying there, but you're right, it might not be for everyone.

SF3CAP,

Good point about the airport. When you're paying for it, you don't want to spend half your time taxing. PDK in Atlanta is one of the busiest GA airports in the country. It's not unusual to be number 12 for take off. And to make matters worst, you'll have 3 or 4 Gulfstreams and Lears on final.

Come out to Gibbs in San Diego, California.

There are 5 BE-76's here some as low as $140.00hr with tons of MEIs willing to fight for you. Me included.

Surf, sun, chicks, and mexican food. What more could you ever want?

I can recommend Pinnacle Flight Academy in Norman (OKC), OK. They run a god op with great maintenance and nice aircraft. You don't spend much time on the ground as PWA (Wiley Post) is not a very busy airport.

I can't remember their prices but check out www.flypinnacle.com (bad website - good school) and give em' a call, it's worth it!

Will

If you're interested in flying in the Northwest US, try Spanaflight at the Pierce County Airport, Puyallup Washington (1S0). It's about 20 miles from Seattle, and they have a very nice Duchess at good rates.

www.spanaflight.com

HAL

qwerty said:
Come out to Gibbs in San Diego, California.

There are 5 BE-76's here some as low as $140.00hr with tons of MEIs willing to fight for you. Me included.

Surf, sun, chicks, and mexican food. What more could you ever want?

Yes, I second that. It's GREAT here. PLUS (in my experience) most flying club aircraft are more affordable than flight school aircraft.

My only question is why do you want a Duchess???? :eek:

Sorbi Flying Club has two that rent for $135/hr

There are 3 in Plus One that go for $145-$155/hr

Plus One Flyers Fleetlist

Latest resources

Back