• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dubai to allow Rents to jump as much as 20%----article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the lecture on CRM. We don't have that high class stuff around here.
I'm sure your FOs tell you how much they love flying with you before running off to the Lamborghini dealership.
My Delta friends complain about being underpaid and overworked. And 25 years to WB left seat. And the numbskulls sitting next to them and the hags in the back.
As for me, I came here because I wanted to be a captain, not a career FO with anyone. Yes, even "Deltas, ahhh."
ALPA? Sure it's nice to have some insurance, but in my experience, they usually end up defending the guy that lands at the wrong airport, or let's an intern fly the aircraft or some other muppetism. I don't miss the magazine one bit.

If the seat you occupy is important then by all means...if you like QUALITY realistic time off..then one might have to think....ALPA will probably yes defend the guys who landed at the wrong airport...they weren't here to defend the guys who made a boo-boo in MEL were they, although it is known an organisational anomaly was a prime factor in the event....they weren't here to defend the FO who was forced to blow a rigged breathalyser in a hotel room because some "person" didn't like him having dinner with the crew..(he blew ZERO shortly after at a proper breathalyser but still sacked at the repeated insistence of the bearded one)....hope you never make a mistake...fired and deported out of house and home..(or locked up in the country if you have debts you cannot pay)....hmmmm....I'm a long time expat...but never take a person down for wanting to go home....check the pay rates...that Delta guy 15 yrs in the right sat probably making as much as you...and working half as much...on flights HE/SHE choose..(most times)..

one must choose the correct path for themselves..I've had a good go here, and have (mostly) good memories...many others as well experience the same...but it's not for everybody...and remember we ARE a GUEST with no rights whatsoever...realize this

Thanks for the lecture on CRM. We don't have that high class stuff around here.
I'm sure your FOs tell you how much they love flying with you before running off to the Lamborghini dealership.
My Delta friends complain about being underpaid and overworked. And 25 years to WB left seat. And the numbskulls sitting next to them and the hags in the back.
As for me, I came here because I wanted to be a captain, not a career FO with anyone. Yes, even "Deltas, ahhh."
ALPA? Sure it's nice to have some insurance, but in my experience, they usually end up defending the guy that lands at the wrong airport, or let's an intern fly the aircraft or some other muppetism. I don't miss the magazine one bit.

Your DL buddies complain? I don't see much complaining at all, especially with the profit sharing check coming Feb 14th, at about 8.3% of the W2 minus "shared rewards" ($1200) and last years profit sharing check.

The narrow body FOs are doing especially well on certain fleets because of a backlog in training for the incoming 717s. The A320 Pilots are filling in on scheduled 717 routes (using A319s), and some guys have gotten 5-6 greenslips (double pay) on their days off. Same with Md88 pilots. It seems the company is having problems with the new FAR 117 also. There is a min 10 hours rest needed for long call reserves, and when short call reserves are used up, it is almost easier to hand out white slips (normal pay voluntary pick up) or greenslips (double pay) than to hope the long call reserves have had that 10 hour rest requirement. So, the greenslips are flowing, and high paid FOs are not uncommon, even on the narrow body planes. And just wait until the retirements really start rolling.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
If the seat you occupy is important then by all means...if you like QUALITY realistic time off..then one might have to think....ALPA will probably yes defend the guys who landed at the wrong airport...they weren't here to defend the guys who made a boo-boo in MEL were they, although it is known an organisational anomaly was a prime factor in the event....they weren't here to defend the FO who was forced to blow a rigged breathalyser in a hotel room because some "person" didn't like him having dinner with the crew..(he blew ZERO shortly after at a proper breathalyser but still sacked at the repeated insistence of the bearded one)....hope you never make a mistake...fired and deported out of house and home..(or locked up in the country if you have debts you cannot pay)....hmmmm....I'm a long time expat...but never take a person down for wanting to go home....check the pay rates...that Delta guy 15 yrs in the right sat probably making as much as you...and working half as much...on flights HE/SHE choose..(most times)..

one must choose the correct path for themselves..I've had a good go here, and have (mostly) good memories...many others as well experience the same...but it's not for everybody...and remember we ARE a GUEST with no rights whatsoever...realize this

The above is the price of $100k tax free, free housing, a commute that takes 30 seconds to hand my bag to the driver, free private school and a 777 upgrade in 3.5 years....

UAL just announced 650 cabin crew furloughs...

...lest you forget.

That's a good deal for FR Jack and I....enjoy yours.

Bon voyage,

fv

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back