Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dubai is a wonderful place - except for women's rights -scary story!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

I saw this story and almost fell over... I realize it is their country, their laws, their culture and you, as an American, will never be one of them. Don't even expect it. That said, this story is a REAL eye opener if true:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...jailed-for-8-months-for-sex-outside-marriage/

There is no logic to this situation. No way would I allow my daughter to visit Dubai by herself. This is very scary business and the mentality is frightening IF TRUE.... Just remember this story every time you check into a Starwood hotel (I'm going Marriott from now on).

Wow, that is scary. Unbelievable.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Please check the statistical odds of your daughter being raped, or involved in any other violent crime in Dubai, then compare it to any big US city. Based on that, should you worry about sending your daughter to Dubai, or should they worry about sending theirs the the United States?

Please check the statistical odds of your daughter being raped, or involved in any other violent crime in Dubai, then compare it to any big US city. Based on that, should you worry about sending your daughter to Dubai, or should they worry about sending theirs the the United States?

What is nuts is how they define rape in Dubai and the fact that she would be jailed as a result of her own rape (i.e., sex out of marriage). That is the point.

I agree that Starwood Hotels' response and total lack of support is surprising too. She should sue Starwood. I am sure this is not playing well in Australia...

Wow, that is scary. Unbelievable.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Scary, for a 23 year old virgin that lives in his moms basement? Don't worry, the Dubai 3 aren't likely to come to your basement, although your mantitties might attract them, due to their size....

Scary, for a 23 year old virgin that lives in his moms basement? Don't worry, the Dubai 3 aren't likely to come to your basement, although your mantitties might attract them, due to their size....

Real classy! Serious subject and you try to be funny. I am sure you are a joy to fly with...

Last edited:
Real classy! Serious subject and you try to be funny. I am sure you are a joy to fly with...

Nothing worse than a F/I guy who takes himself too seriously. I am busy trying to expose Genny Lee for whom he really is, a pimply faced basement dwelling troll.
Carry on...

What is nuts is how they define rape in Dubai and the fact that she would be jailed as a result of her own rape (i.e., sex out of marriage). That is the point.

I agree that Starwood Hotels' response and total lack of support is surprising too. She should sue Starwood. I am sure this is not playing well in Australia...

That I completely agree with. Dubai does have several laws based on their religion, and they are all crazy as far as I am concerned.

The above story is bad for sure - cant believe I missed that on the news....I was probably too busy reading about the Cleveland girls..

fv

Dude, full on epic post of the year!

Word to the wise:

When in Dubai, don't shave yo man-titties.

Latest resources

Back