• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dtw

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes some are in hotels and some condos do have cars with the rent, you will have to do some searching but I think you will find what you need. Some NWA places are 20/25 yr endeavors. What these guys say about the bus is true and crime is down but it is a city/ region with big unemployment so just be smart.

ohhh this thread is bringing back memories of flying competitions against riddle... we always lost of course but at least we made friends... Riddle was too busy looking at themselves in the mirror to go out and drink beer with us.

Disclaimer* there are exceptions and i do have a couple friends from riddle who are good people. if you are one of them then i am not referring to you.
Please don't make fun of Riddle, I don't know whats worse going to Riddle or being on the flying team. You're guranteed to be a dork either way

^^Please that looks no different or worse than Chicago's ghetto's.

I think the point was that this place ain't very safe... Certainly no place for RiddleTrustFund18... Just don't stay there-the crew lounge is much safer-and you may be able to make friends with some other trust fund babies.

That area in the video posted is about 30 miles northeast. That is a great example of a combination of poverty, corruption, and population loss combining. Detroit has lost over half its population in the last 40 years. I bet the 2010 census will show less than 900,000. 1950 had over 1.9 million in the city. The forced integration of the schools (right or wrong) was the beginning of the demise of the city, the severe struggles of the auto industry over the last 20 years in the region has greatly accelerated the decay. For the path of Detroit just look at Pittsburgh. It's very similar just about 50 years behind and autos instead of steel. There are many half million + dollar homes less than 10 miles northwest of DTW out in Canton and Plymouth twp.

Latest resources

Back