Dogs and teenagers on your jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JimNtexas

I was at the Airport yesterday and noticed a family getting into a business jet. There was Dad, Mom, two teenagers and two big dogs.

This caused me to wonder something. Suppose that family were fractional owners.

What happenes if the teens start bouncing all over the furniture, and the dogs begin to eat the interior and/or pee or poop in the cabin?

Do the fractional companies have any rules regarding abuse of the airplanes by passengers? Will zillionair fractional owners take any direction from the hired hands flying the jets? Will the companies stand behind the pilots?

Who gets to clean up the dog poop?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Jim

Don"t know how it is elsewhere, but at EJA the PIC will be backed to the hilt if intervention is neccessary to ensure safety of flight. As far as the dog pooping in the airplane, common sense should prevail. if it's other than a very minor problem the airplane will be taken out of service and professionally cleaned.

Where I used to work the FOs would clean the poop

As far as breakage even with our charter customers they wouldnt be charged. It was common for kids (and adults) to break tables, armrests, etc.

I mean if someone spends $12,000 on a trip are you really going to charge them $150 to fix an armrest?

at eja, pax are not charged for "normal wear and tear".

however, i once had a drunk pax spill red wine on the white cabin walls - he was charged.

another pax had three long-haired dogs. our on-board vac couldn't handle the job. we were at some podunk a/p and had to ferry to msp for a detail job. the next trip that day had to be sold off. the pax was charged for the ferry and the cleaning.

there have also been customers asked to leave the program after repeated abuses.

at eja, pax are not charged for "normal wear and tear".

however, i once had a drunk pax spill red wine on the white cabin walls - he was charged.

another pax had three long-haired dogs. our on-board vac couldn't handle the job. we were at some podunk a/p and had to ferry to msp for a detail job. the next trip that day had to be sold off. the pax was charged for the ferry and the cleaning.

in the bbj, it's not uncommon to take two hours to clean up after a large group or a long flight. however, that's considered "normal". after all there are two showers, a bedroom, office, living room, dining room, galley and crew rest and crew lav sections.

there have also been customers asked to leave the program after repeated abuses.

If it can't be done with a dustbuster and some apple cleaner then it's time to get the detail crew in there to go over the plane with a fine tooth comb.

Had a family trash the plane so bad that the plane was down for the day. The FO went back there to clean it and I told him not to even bother and we called for the detail crew.

It's their plane they can do what they want they want with it.

It's my job to make sure the plane is ready for the next owner.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back