• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does your company offer online bidding?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Would you pay for online bidding if your company offered it ($7.95 a month)?

• Yes

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters
ACA has bidding, timecards, trip-trades and travel pass request all on-line over the Internet.

It works well and is free too.

DO328

Last edited:
Originally posted by BlueRidger:

Build your own
At ACA we have one very talented pilot who has built a beautifully simple and functional web site which links into our crew scheduling software. It started out small but has become quite powerful. It does bidding, trip trading, reserve bucket viewing, online time cards and crew messaging to payroll, scheduling and human resources. It is also evolving quickly with pilot imput. It is amazing to write a typical pilot suggestion (whiney complaint) on a message board and see an improvement to the softwre based on that complaint the next day. It can be accessed using any internet connection without cost. Pilots are generally computer savvy people and from the few guys I know at ASA you guys have more than enough talent. Don't buy or copy something that does not fit your needs. build something that fits your pilot groups needs.

(and yes flica tried to hire our pilot away but thank god he said NO.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now this might be something for us to consider at ASA. First we could end up with a system that is as good if not better than FLiCA (we all know that there are things that FLiCA could improve upon, and they are not quick to address the issues). Second, as the company has already bought into a contract with FLiCA it would seem that the possibility of an unused system might add incentive to recoup the expense through other means i.e. less manpower in scheduling? Thoughts? e120flier

METROSHERIFF, somehow that didn't come out right. Dan said it was going to FREE no matter where you logged on from. FREE FREE FREE.

Regards,

Luv2fly

Luv2flycrj said:
METROSHERIFF, somehow that didn't come out right. Dan said it was going to FREE no matter where you logged on from. FREE FREE FREE.

Regards,

Luv2fly

Yes, but we all know what happened to Dan, too...

This FLiCA mess is just one more "sign of the times". We're in big trouble come September.

Continental Express recently upgraded their on-line bidding system to include open time shopping, trip trades, reserve coverage by day, fleet, and base, trip advertisements (to be picked up), etc. It's called CCS (Crew Communication System). Mainline uses the same thing, they just plugged in the CALEX contract and gave us on-line access. It's better than the old Crew Trac system that was formerly in place. I think there would be a HUGE uprising if they made us pay for it. It's a trade-off though, we have to pay for the initial cost of our uniforms through monthly payroll deduction and we have to pay to have them cleaned.

Last edited:
I agree with MetroSheriff. I have known since day one that FLiCA would eventually be a pay service, and I also knew that I would not pay a dime for it when it became such.

I know that the Delta Easy Bid system cost's about 10 per month plus you have to buy the software for 120.00. However, Delta provided everyone with a computer at a highly discounted rate, plus they start their pilots at our Captains level of pay.

If ASA wants us to use FLICA for their benefit, they can pay the bill.

I know what... Why don't the pilots just pay for the fuel too!

Its real simple boys. If you don't want to pay for it then don't. You can utilize the terminals at work and it won't cost you a dime.

As far as getting some college computer programer to create a better system. I'm all for it. Feel free to make it happen and then you can present it to the company and the pilot group.

Regarding the ACA system that was done for free. This may be the case but from what I read on this web page ACA is not such a great place to work these days.

Considering the upcoming contract negotiations in September, I think there are more pressing issues then the $7.95/month FLICA charge.

And yes Dan Waters IS OUT OF THE PICTURE !!!!!!!

All you FO's on this board. Scheduling just called and they want you at the airport in 30 minutes.

Mesaba has had this for a while through the ALPA website. No charge. I can't believe that a company is asking its pilot group to pay for something they say will help them out!! It's like giving the company concessions and then paying for the privilege.

Latest resources

Back