• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does your company offer online bidding?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Would you pay for online bidding if your company offered it ($7.95 a month)?

• Yes

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters

ifly4food

ifly4food.com
Does your cmpany offer online bidding? Do you have to pay for it or is it free?
My company set up a great online bidding system for us last summer. They promised it would revolutionize monthly bids, and even open time and swaps, which it has. They said it would be free because it would save them so much money in man hours and paperwork, which it has.
Well guess what... now that it's gotten popular enough that 90% of the pilots use it, they want us to pay $7.95 a month for it.
Would you pay for the convenience of picking up open time at home in your underwear or tell your company to kiss off like we are?

online bidding

My company (World Airways) offers, and encourages online bidding free of charge to the pilots. While there is no open time or ways to trip trade, it is far more convienent than mailing faxing, or calling in. We also get a confirmation page that can be printed out that allows us to verify that we have bid. I have enough monthly fees, and payroll deductions I don't need another one just to bid.

SkyWest has been doing online bids for about a year now. The bid system (lines,pairings, etc.) are just a small part of our online world. We can access news, memos, bulletins, manuals, releases, WX, SOP, etc, etc. You can access it from any internet connection.

Fly Safe

IFF - We agree! The "No's" have it by 100%!

ifly4food said:
Does your cmpany offer online bidding? Do you have to pay for it or is it free?
My company set up a great online bidding system for us last summer. They promised it would revolutionize monthly bids, and even open time and swaps, which it has. They said it would be free because it would save them so much money in man hours and paperwork, which it has.
Well guess what... now that it's gotten popular enough that 90% of the pilots use it, they want us to pay $7.95 a month for it.
Would you pay for the convenience of picking up open time at home in your underwear or tell your company to kiss off like we are?

IFF,

As a fellow ASA pilot, you know how I feel about the company requiring us to pay for remote access. However, in all fairness, the company NEVER said it would be free for remote access, other than the trial period. From day one, I had been told that eventually (following the free trial period) that the cost would be $10 per month if we wanted to access it from home. This discussion has been going on for quite some time. The Communications Comittee Chariman has done an outstanding job since Flica was first introduced of letting people know that eventually the free ride would end and that when that time time came we should all take a stand, which seems to be happening uniformally.

In the immortal (LOL) words of Nancy Reagan: JUST SAY NO!!!

Horizon Air has on-line bidding and it has been this way for about a year. It is a great system but I would never pay for it. What is next? You have to pay to call and check on your reserve status? You have to pay to park at the airport while at work? Tis is too Far!!!

ALOHA

METROSHERIFF, at the June 99 ALPA meeting Dan Waters stated, FLICA would be FREE. No 6 month trial, only free in the crew lounge, but free to all pilots.

Regards
Luv2fly

All of this has been available via online and/or touchtone phone at FedEx for years, always no charge to us.

Luv2flycrj said:
METROSHERIFF, at the June 99 ALPA meeting Dan Waters stated, FLICA would be FREE. No 6 month trial, only free in the crew lounge, but free to all pilots.

Regards
Luv2fly

He was correct. It is free to all pilots. Just not from home. This is what I have been told since day one.

flica

At Air Willy we have that flica online stuff, got it about six months ago, it is free on the machines at work but you have to pay for it at home. We are suposed to be able to trip trade etc but I have not tried to do that yet. Also we just started an online mail system where we can see PIFs, schedules, mail, etc. it works pretty well and we don't have to pay for it. Each employee has thier own company E-Mail address. And no I do not pay the fee to bid from home, I just do it at work or E-Mail my bid in over the company sytem. We can still work out our bids on flica for free just can't submit them.

Latest resources

Back