• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does Emirates hire women pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
woman in saudi-arabia - being flogged 70 lashes for reporting a rape because she was with a non-married/relative male - and increased to 200 because she reported the judgement to the media.

The case is getting press almost everyday in the Arab News (Saudi Arabia's Newspaper). As disturbing as the case is, I think that it has outraged a lot of the local population as well as the rest of the world.

Unfortunately, it takes disgusting cases like this to help a country develop. There are plenty of examples from the southern states that led to dramatic changes to an ingrained culture.

Change does not happen over night and it doesn't happen without growing pains. Seeing it reported so freely in the local press is actually a step in the right direction.

There are plenty of examples from the southern states that led to dramatic changes to an ingrained culture.

yes..but you don't have to be complicit in it.

using your analogy, para-phrasing MLK - the outrage regarding the inequities in this country is not the actions of the few but the silence and complicity of the majority.

you can choose to ignore what a foreign society is doing - especially when it doesn't effect you adversely - but i choose not to go along.

yes..but you don't have to be complicit in it.

using your analogy, para-phrasing MLK - the outrage regarding the inequities in this country is not the actions of the few but the silence and complicity of the majority.

you can choose to ignore what a foreign society is doing - especially when it doesn't effect you adversely - but i choose not to go along.

EXACTLTY!! That is my point. The "silence and complicity of the majority" in Saudi Arabia is what allows this to happen. With the world expressing outrage at these issues it shames them to make changes in the future.

The judgement against this poor girl (who was raped 14 times by 7 different men, the men also raped the man who was with her) was enacted by a few judges. The general population in Saudi Arabia is finally expressing outrage along with the rest of the world.

Hi!

I love that saying:

"You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make him think."

cliff
INT

Latest resources

Back