Does AVOLAR have hiring min's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SKYPUP

Just wondering since I haven't seen anything on their website. I have 1400TT...775 Turbine with 700 SIC in the Lear 60. I've applied due to my experience in type. Does anybody familiar with HR there know if they'd be interested? Thanks for the help.

I have not seen anything set in stone on mins. I'm sure the fact that you have time in type could only help your quest!!!

Avolar pilot recruiting

Hey, Gumby,

I was just wondering why Avolar (with their upcoming need for literally thousands of pilots) hasn't made a substantial recruiting effort to fill the slots (even if it is a little early). Are they receiving enough replies without openly advertising? I just can't imagine that they will succeed by word-of-mouth only. Even the majors are on av employment websites (AEPS, AIRinc, etc)

united guys get first shot

no need to advertise, the United guys get first shot. They have been doing interviews in Dallas last two weeks. They are not required to give up number.

Re: united guys get first shot

9rj9 said:
no need to advertise, the United guys get first shot. They have been doing interviews in Dallas last two weeks. They are not required to give up number.

Much like the muddle that surrounds what the mins are, their is quite a bit of muddling around the above quote. We've been told that of the 10 pilots Avolar has, 4 are UAL furloughees and that are few more are interviewing. We allegedly have preference, but most of us don't no what that means yet. In time, it should become a bit clearer, so the best thing to do is apply, get in the pipeline and see what shakes out.

Avolar

Actually, there is some muddling in both posts!!
We have been in DFW only TWO days interviewing. I'm ALPA has been keeping the fuloughed folks informed on how to apply. There are only 4 of them on staff to date. The lack of advertising on Avolars' part for pilots, has'nt stopped the boat load of resumes' the CP has recieved!!
There were several furloughees' in DFW with the others, from what I hear...

Gumby,

I wasn't accusing you guys of not hiring furloughees, I was saying that it isn't totally clear to those of us on the outside what you are looking for. We know there are furloughees getting interviewed but there isn't really a common thread. Some have corporate background, at least one I've seen has nothing but a military and UA background. While I'm sure there is an excellent reason for everything going on over there, we just don't what's up yet. You have given several of us great info and I thank you for that. In the end though, most of us don't know what's going on, so why shouldn't somebody just send in there resume and see what happens? I know you didn't suggest otherwise, but 9rj9 made it seem that way which I don't believe is true.

Re: united guys get first shot

9rj9 said:

I don't think that is a correct statement. I am a United furloughed pilot and they have had several of my resumes and I haven't been called. And yes I have past corporate experience, yet we had one Naval Aviator with no corporate or fractional experience interviewed. I don't think anyone truly knows how they are picking people.

Humble

Avolar

I hear all you guys, and wish I had a definite rhyme/reason
for those of you who have been called, and those who have not, but I'm just a line pilot. Good luck to all!!!

I know a few Flex Jet guys who applyed, both are typed in the lear 60 and have over 5000 hours and they have heard nothing.

Latest resources

Back