Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does anyone know what the UAL min reqs will be?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ahhhh, the 'ol, "The only reason I didn't get hired was because a lesser qualified minority was hired" excuse. Have fun living your life rationalizing why you continually fail. It IS the american way.

Agreed, this argument really gets old after a while.

Agreed, this argument really gets old after a while.

And yet tragically it's true. If we are to truly tear down the walls of inequality, there would be no hiring quotas for any group. Everyone would apply from the same pile of resumes.

Back to the OPs questions, save yourself the frustration and try for HA, AL, and DL before UA. You'll be happier throughout your career.

And yet tragically it's true. If we are to truly tear down the walls of inequality, there would be no hiring quotas for any group. Everyone would apply from the same pile of resumes.

Back to the OPs questions, save yourself the frustration and try for HA, AL, and DL before UA. You'll be happier throughout your career.

Yeah, its true. The scores of minority and woman pilots I routinely see in crewrooms and online is overwhelming. There taking over all the airlines, insert sarcasm. GMAB!

PS. I happen to be one.

I heard it was going to be 350hrs and a Commercial License with instrument rating for civilian trained white males who wear glasses and have so-so college grades because they have been discriminated against for so long..

You're right. Being a white male in America (or anywhere else in the world for that matter) is soooooo hard..

Reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg48ZZ2wYfM

You're right. Being a white male in America (or anywhere else in the world for that matter) is soooooo hard..

Reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg48ZZ2wYfM

Haha totally true!

The whining (unjustified) by those that think only minorities are being hired can just ask the composition of most new hire classes at a major airline.

All white guys with one or two women or minorities.

Another phantom conspiracy from the usual whack jobs! :)

Last edited:
quit b1tchin' and stick it to the Man!

One of the purposes of having such 'low' mins is to allow military guys, especially fighter and trainer guys where 1,500 hours is about what they'll leave with after their 10-year hitch.
Here we go: Military vs. Civilian

If you are going to start the ridiculous Military vs. civil debate you should consider this.......
Back in the 90's Delta went through a rash of accidents and incidents far greater than any other airline. They had numerous incidents of landing on the wrong airport, a L1011 .....
It was Delta then, FedEx now..

I heard it was going to be 350hrs and a Commercial License with instrument rating for civilian trained white males who wear glasses and have so-so college grades because they have been discriminated against for so long
Don't forget pilots who were too tall or too short or who whistled through their nostrils. They need their shot at the majors.

I think it's high time for a high time minority pilot with a clean record to feel the pain. What goes around should come around.
Fat chance that's going to happen. What a sadistic fantasy.

Military vs. Civilian, what does it matter? I liked the post that said, once you're in, it doesn't matter where you came from. And who says minorities can't fly? Instead of dumb arguments about who's got the best background, and who got shafted when someone "less qualified" gets hired; ask yourselves who benefits from this discord among pilots? It's the MAN! He can't stand pilots who get along and aren't willing to stab each other in the back. They'll never work for food stamps.

That's a fact!

Latest resources

Back