• Click here to read the July 2019 APDL and Logbook Pro Newsletter.
  • APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone

Neal

Forums Chief Pilot
Staff member
My prior drone is a DJI Phantom 3 Pro which I really enjoyed. Somehow my fav TV - YouTube - showed a story about a Mavic 2 and it got my attention, sadly. I figured it's time to new up in the drone realm while I didn't really use my DJI Phantom 3 much anymore maybe the more compact Mavic and higher rez photography may inspire me to fly the drone again. So I ordered a kit from Amazon (link below) and got the Mavic 2 Pro and the goodies that came with it and even ordered a filter kit as I've been learning more about this drone and accessories. I finally got a chance to fly it and am absolutely impressed. It's much quieter than the DJI Phantom 3 and hover is far more stable, it's rock solid. I watched more YouTube videos on the collision avoidance so I even dabbled with that heading for trees and sure enough, it works great. I like the compact transmitter that hooks to your phone, easy enough to see what you need (I have an iPhone X). Photo snapshots and video are outstanding as to be expected. Highly recommend for anyone into drones and photography that drones open up to us.

Mavic 2 Pro and Fly More Kit and more...

Filter Kit: