Disapointment!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

737 Jet dude

As a new member to this forum, I must confess that this is only my second post, and I am only doing this to display my concern at where the industry is going.
It is so sad to see people take pleasure at the misfortune of others. For example the Comair/ASA group (and I know there are only a handful) for displaying their satisfaction at the very fact that Delta pilots have lost their jobs, and on the other hand, Delta pilots displaying their satisfaction at the fact that Comair is being replaced by Chautaqua. You should be careful in that you reap what you sew! That being, if you are glad that another airline is going out of business or that someone has lost their job, then it just might bite you 2 fold, and this is not directed at everyone, just the few trouble makers that there are on these boards.
Guys and Gals:
This is a changing industry. I know that many of us strive to get to the cockpit of a major jetliner, and there are some of us that don't. Great for those who do or don't. If you are happy at a commuter, so be it, but please, what ever your position in this ever changing business, don't find joy in someone elses expense or heartbreak, it might just come back and bite you!
I have said my peace!
737 Jet dude
Let the flaming begin for those looking for attention:p

You seem to have the same optimistic attitude that I have regarding flying. It is all I"ve ever wanted to do since I can remember and I truly believe that pilots share a brotherhood and a closeness that few others share.
This may sound naive to many people but thats their problem.
I feel terrible when a plane goes down, as much for the pilot and his/her family as for the passengers. When someone loses their job all of us suffer as a group. When things are going great we all share in the good times.
As I start my flying career I hope that I never become jaded and cynical like many of these other guys. I have spent 8 years in the corporate world and can't wait to get out of here and with my fellow fliers.

Union busting 101

Divide and conquer....

It's to managements benefit to have pilot groups going after each other and to be able to whipsaw airlines to their advantage.

We need to figure out how to stick together and not be our own worst enemy.

Management is just sitting back and laughing.....

Just curious, I also read these forums and have not seen one post that actually takes joy in seeing anothers demise other than one post I read concerning US's J4J and scope. I have read several discussions on protecting the industry and RJ issues, but never have I read about the joy of taking other furloughed pilots jobs. If you could direct me to where these posts are, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I completely agree. It is time we all look at the big picture and work together to combat managements new strategy of "Divide and Conquer". It seems at Eagle and American we have realized that this is crucial. Last month, many of Eagle and American pilots as well as other work groups held a Unity March right in front of the annual shareholders meeting. I think it provided a powerful message. Hopefully it is not too late.

Airline Pilot27 said:
I completely agree. It is time we all look at the big picture and work together to combat managements new strategy of "Divide and Conquer". It seems at Eagle and American we have realized that this is crucial. Last month, many of Eagle and American pilots as well as other work groups held a Unity March right in front of the annual shareholders meeting. I think it provided a powerful message. Hopefully it is not too late.

Aren't you the same dude that told me to "have fun at Home Depot". My family would like to thank you for your compassion.

laughing

If there is any management sitting back and laughing, I have not seen them lately.

I was at a lunch today with several ceo's and the speaker one of the largest insurance agencies doing airline business. There was no laughing at that meeting.

As I keep saying, in the new world, there are a ton of issues that impact everyone. There is no one I know of focusing on whip sawing an employee group. Pilots seem to thing that every decision was made on how it could screw them.

We have gone through a systemic change on how things will be from now on, not just another cycle in the norm.

"Aren't you the same dude that told me to "have fun at Home Depot". My family would like to thank you for your compassion."

I did say that yes, but some of your post weren't very flattering of me as well. Your first post actually went as far as calling me stupid so I wasn't about to hold any punches. And just because you and I went at does not change my views about our pilot groups working together. So, in other words, I do not want to get into that verbal dogfight again as it was pretty much pointless.

That said, I hope to see you once again in uniform.

Good Luck to you and your Family

Latest resources

Back