Did anyone see the idiot on TV today?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skeezer,

I think up stuff like that all the time, but then remember the FAR catchall about operating reckless and dangerously, which they can pretty much hit anything with. In a court of law, that is the one they would nail him with because it is so ambiguous, it covers EVERYTHING that is done with stupidity that the other regs miss. But if the FAA is out to get you for no good reason, this is also the reg they like to use.

I think that guy maybe up for a Darwin Award honorable mention (U know, since he managed to live through it and all).

1900laker said:
Skeezer,

I think up stuff like that all the time, but then remember the FAR catchall about operating reckless and dangerously, which they can pretty much hit anything with.

That is true, but that FAR states "No person may operate an aircraft in a careless or reckless manner so as to endanger the life or property of ANOTHER."

So, if you owned the airplane, and ran out of gas over your own land (using my gliding theory of fuel reserves), and had nobody else onboard, they can't touch you. :)

Like I said, when I hit 60 I am gonna go down to the FSDO and nag the heck outta them!! :D

Skeezer

skeezer said:
That is true, but that FAR states "No person may operate an aircraft in a careless or reckless manner so as to endanger the life or property of ANOTHER."

Power lines are property, right? I'm sure they weren't his power lines. Who climbed up there and rescued him? Wasn't that person's life in danger?

What if he'd missed the power lines, what would he have hit?

I think idiots like that , are the one that gives aviation a bad name , and make the general public think ( oh my god small airplane are soo unsafe).Anyway he should thankful to be alive . and hope that he learned his lesson.

Can you guys imagine this guy hanging upside down in a powerline calling up ATC on his DC ANR headsets and his gps in his hands giving them the coordinates??
Glad he made it alive so we can poke a little fun. :D
kingairer

Wiggums said:

Power lines are property, right? I'm sure they weren't his power lines. Who climbed up there and rescued him? Wasn't that person's life in danger?

What if he'd missed the power lines, what would he have hit?

Wiggums,

I think you missed my point. In no way whatsoever am I defending that idiot. What you quoted from me was in reference to my fuel reserve theory. The guy who ran himself outta gas definetly violated 14 CFR 91.13.

1900 Laker....Naw, I'm not a lawyer. However if I was the powerline fool's lawyer I think the only way out would be to use the Chewbacca defense:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wooky from the planet Kishic, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it. That does not make sense.

Why would a Wooky, an eight-foot-tall Wooky, want to live on Endor with a bunch of two-foot-tall Ewoks. That does not make sense. But more important, you have to ask yourself what does this have to do with this case.

Nothing. Ladies and Gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case.

It does not make sense. Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a client and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca. Does that make sense? Ladies and Gentlemen I'm am not making any sense. None of this makes sense. And so you have to remember when you're in that jury room deliberating and conjugating the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No. Ladies and Gentlemen of this deposed jury it does not make sense. If Chewbacca lives on Endor you must acquit. The defense rests."

:)

Skeezer

avbug said:
Very interesting. Prozac?

Nope, South Park. It's from the "Chef Aid" episode. It was a Johnny Cocran imitation that they did.

Guess not too many people watch South Park, oh well.

Skeezer

Latest resources

Back