Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Despite union opposition, Flight Options moved forward...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Help me to understand the opposition to the buy outs. My understanding is that KR offered 1 year salary for permanent severance. Correct?

If that is correct, why is it preferable to force the recalls into unemployment when maybe some people want to leave and could take a small windfall of cash with them?

Help me to understand the opposition to the buy outs. My understanding is that KR offered 1 year salary for permanent severance. Correct?

If that is correct, why is it preferable to force the recalls into unemployment when maybe some people want to leave and could take a small windfall of cash with them?

It has nothing to do with the buy out. It has to do with management's legal obligation to negotiate. Don't confuse their strawman argument with the real issue. Their refusal to bargain in good faith.

I don't work for FLOPS/FLEX, but it Sounds like Mr. Ricci is trying to raise money anyway he can.... it seems like he's throwing mud at the wall, see where it sticks

Was the union allowed to look at the company's books??? This might not be a negotiating tactic, he's probably in real trouble (financially speaking)

That's not ecactly correct. There were 6,9,12 month severance depending on where you fell on seniority list.

Not accurate. Do not depend on hearsay, read the documents.

Determined depending on fleet and where you fell on seniority list there were different options offered. Cherry picked by company, out of seniority order. Exit date also determined by company, out of seniority order. Medical was also a mix some company paid, some direct to COBRA. And no transparency - no one, including (especially) union officials would know who applied and was granted or denied. What was officially offered was so haphazardly and arbitrarily put together it was obviously intended for it to spark a fight with the union.

This was a red herring. I'm not against the VSP but actually I don't think the union is either.

Upon review, I'm truly surprised Union haters are actually okay with the VSP. It doesn't make sense. There's just enough hinky with it from conventional financial wisdom you have to question if these guys "vision"can really keep us afloat in the years to come.

We are the only company in our sector losing money. Others are making a killing. Seriously, ask yourself what the ******************** is wrong with this picture.

Why isn't our illustrious Flexjet leadership pointing out the obvious? Why are they surrendering such a home run?

I'm happy the Options guys are at least giving us some details but again I have to ask where is Flexjet leadership? You are losing support everyday in this silence. I get this is "our" union and the Options guys are my guys now too but the Flexjet side of this thing is a ghost town. Yammer is a nightmare of misinformation. The Flexjet pilot group is suffering the foolishness of it all in the vacuum created by this seeming reservation to even say anything. I'm glad to see some of our leaders pop their heads out of the sand on the VUH, however extremely disappointed it's about air shows, left seat debates and insurance. Whoever obviously told you silence is golden just doesn't want your opinion. What the ******************** is going on? This is ridiculous.

I'm starting to believe the conspiracy theory the union always intended to shut the Flexjet side of this out of any and all relevance in negotiations. No offense, I'm not okay with surrendering to the lowest common denominator. I voted yes because I'm expecting a CBA that will raise all boats. Now i'm starting to wonder if all the 1108 is concerned with is raising the Options side to parity and us Flexers are about to be hosed. Hosed with rights but nonetheless hosed.

What does it matter if the union is winning in court if the union is only protecting the Options side of the house? So Flexjet side, I want to know, what have you done for me lately? You might be winning the legal side but you've surrendered the PR game to the puppet masters of Cleveland.

You still don't get it....no flight options pilot is against a flex pilot, it's about us getting a CBA on par with our peers ( net jets, sw, delta, aa)

You still don't get it....no flight options pilot is against a flex pilot, it's about us getting a CBA on par with our peers ( net jets, sw, delta, aa)

Yes you keep saying that hoping enough air time makes it true. But all we see from the Flexjet side of this Broadway musical is a lot of song and dance about what's best for Options.

I haven't heard one thing in the past 6 months that matters solely to Flexjet. I've heard a lot that matters to everyone, a lot just to Options but nothing about just Flexjet. So far in all this give and take, the only losers have been Flexjet and the unfortunately furloughed Options guys. But the rest of you are sitting pretty.

You have the safety of a contract and we have your losers flying our left seats. You have your scope and fences and we have red label. You have better part of SLI, the legal firepower and attention. In return we got your subpar maintenance, long days and the job quality of an elf 3 days before Christmas without the cookies and cocoa.

So remind me dime line, what part of "we" is looking good to a Flexjet guy today?

Our peers are working for companies who can't turn away business in this economy and "we" both work for a fundraiser who can't seem to sell grade school chocolate bars to obese secretaries. So forgive me if my hopes for an on par contract give way to my inclination to believe the tin foil hatters as long as "your" side gets something I can pretty much piss away any elevation for "my" side.

Not meaning to be acrimonious but the more "my" side is ignored the louder this opinion gets on the line.

Yes you keep saying that hoping enough air time makes it true. But all we see from the Flexjet side of this Broadway musical is a lot of song and dance about what's best for Options.

I haven't heard one thing in the past 6 months that matters solely to Flexjet. I've heard a lot that matters to everyone, a lot just to Options but nothing about just Flexjet. So far in all this give and take, the only losers have been Flexjet and the unfortunately furloughed Options guys. But the rest of you are sitting pretty.

You have the safety of a contract and we have your losers flying our left seats. You have your scope and fences and we have red label. You have better part of SLI, the legal firepower and attention. In return we got your subpar maintenance, long days and the job quality of an elf 3 days before Christmas without the cookies and cocoa.

So remind me dime line, what part of "we" is looking good to a Flexjet guy today?

Our peers are working for companies who can't turn away business in this economy and "we" both work for a fundraiser who can't seem to sell grade school chocolate bars to obese secretaries. So forgive me if my hopes for an on par contract give way to my inclination to believe the tin foil hatters as long as "your" side gets something I can pretty much piss away any elevation for "my" side.

Not meaning to be acrimonious but the more "my" side is ignored the louder this opinion gets on the line.

The mic drops.

Besides misinformation and FUD on Yammer, management's sole tactic seems to be to stalling in any way possible. Management won't speak or negotiate with the union let alone the Flexjet PLC, so until they do, what is it that you expect from the Flexjet PLC? Other than announcements, what you see on the VUH is what the people on the VUH post, and that is rarely IBT leadership, it is mostly Flight Options pilots. If you want to see more stuff about Flexjet, get more of your fellow pilots to come out of the shadows and post. All are welcome, but I get it, Management won't even agree to grant you guys and gals "Weingarten Rights", and consequentially the Flexjet pilots are playing it safe. You can hardly blame the PLC for that, but I think we both know exactly who we can blame.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back