Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Despite union opposition, Flight Options moved forward...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
woooo everybody take a deep breath

You guys at FLOPS/FLEX get quarterly reports??? (company financials, sales, trends pointing up/down, etc??

How are things over-there??

Directional Aviation Capital (the parent holding company) is privately held, so No, we can't really get any reliable info, other than what they want us to "know" (think). Things are pretty crappy if you're a Flight Options pilot, but hopefully the courts/arbitrators will intervene soon. However, regardless of what most of the Flexjet pilots might think, it is probably about to be far worse than most of them know or suspect. Most just haven't truly figured it out yet, because it is difficult to really understand this management team until you experience them without being on the favorite side of the whipsawing.

For el raton and the rest of the Flex pilots, please don't think that just because Shanes123 is a union supporter, that he represents the general tone and feelings of the rest of the union supporters or the leadership. There are wildcard types on both sides of the union issue.

Directional Aviation Capital (the parent holding company) is privately held, so No, we can't really get any reliable info, other than what they want us to "know" (think).

One of DAC's holdings, Sentient Jet, had some connection with the Kentucky Derby winner today. :confused:

Fifteen pilots at Flexjet are doing all the work. We are swamped. You refusing to help for any reason is a dodge. It gets a little old hearing your lame excuses. Step up on the vuh and help. I'm not sure what post of VF you are referring to? I have always responded positively to his vuh posts.

Dead Label is a particular thorn in my paw. Thanks to whoever coined my new favorite phrase.

I believe the poster is referring to the post in the vuh with the pictures of trashed out dead label airplane handed off by one of the premier benefactors of the new payscale bonus sham. I've seen graveyard airframes in better condition. I personally not on that fleet so I have not flown but it is embarrassing based in pictures and I know customers who are supposed to be dead label doesn't even know what it is so how is it they signed up for the program over other choices? Red label should be union number one priority. To me only priority fro mow.

Being quite amused ive taken every opportunity to I discuss it on the road. I shocked to hear thr captain in question was apologized by the fjplc for the post and remarks saying they did not represent the feelings of the union toward red label crews. He is going around smug and still cashing in his paychevk. Union apologizing for what? Seriously I want to know. Is dead label a union issue or not? I'm starting to believe it is no. I want to know who on fjplc is saying it's not since I know one is for sure saying it is.

Anti red label is my only reason to support union. Only reason. Is it true half the fjplc is red label paid? I have to figure our if my checks are stopping in June or what.

One of DAC's holdings, Sentient Jet, had some connection with the Kentucky Derby winner today. :confused:

Just found out Sentient Jet had sponsored Nyquist. If I was at DAC, I would have advertisements flooding the market to increase my sales. But then again they can't do that, selling hours in planes that are parked would mean Options wouldn't have needed to furlough any pilots.

You have to remember what DAC's goals are.
#1 is GET RID OF THE UNION
#2 is win more market share
In that order! Until they accomplish the first, they are willing to put the second on hold to some extent, especially in the slower summer season.

Management will try to get rid of the union with a game plan as old as time itself:
- Favor the loyal non-supporters/FoK (w/International Red Label)
- Convince the Fence Sitters/Flexjet (offer the Red-Label pay carrot, New Airplanes, Meal Plan, Domiciles)
- Get rid of union supporters (VSP via Cherry Picking, Furloughs/Firing, Intimidation)
- Marginalize and make the union look bad, with lots of blame and circumventing or challenging the current CBA
- Continue to grow the (Generally Non-Union Supporters) Flexjet brand while shrinking the (Union Supporters) Options brand
- Delay, Delay, Delay (by any means, including legal challenges, stalling Fences, SLI, and ultimately the JCBA for 2 years)
- Go for a de-cert card drive & vote

Obviously the union will challenge or counter their strategy, but management has been more successful here than most of us would care to admit. Ultimately, the union will probably eventually win most of the legal challenges, but they take time, and management knows this, so the big question is will the Flexjet pilots see through this charade in time for it to make a difference? It is easy for the Options pilots, because we have been down this road before, and we well know what happens once the honeymoon is over, if you are not a FoK. However, it is a bit harder to see when you are part of the group that is being courted and treated relatively well.

"Obviously the union will challenge or counter their strategy, but management has been more successful here than most of us would care to admit. Ultimately, the union will probably eventually win most of the legal challenges, but they take time, and management knows this, so the big question is will the Flexjet pilots see through this charade in time for it to make a difference? It is easy for the Options pilots, because we have been down this road before, and we well know what happens once the honeymoon is over, if you are not a FoK. However, it is a bit harder to see when you are part of the group that is being courted and treated relatively well."

From what I hear, Federal Judge Gwin can see this charade for what it is. Things may be slow, but at least they are starting to go in the right direction.

Will the weakly message include an update on the hearing? Gosh, I hope so!

Perhaps they will report on how they tried to squash the Union witnesses from testifying but were unsuccessful? Or that they did not have any witnesses of their own but yet the hearing was nearly four hours long? It sounds like the judge was doing his due diligence and could see through the charade that the company is staging! Wait! Didn't KR say that the judge would just agree to his demands because it would be good for the company? Oh. That was in reference to the illegal loa he demanded the Union sign in order to do the Citation Air deal!!!!! The company did not want to use McCaskill Bond in that integration! Or in the integration of Flex and FO either until the Union passed. :)

Latest resources

Back