Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Despite union opposition, Flight Options moved forward...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The majority of "Flex folks" do not post on yammer. More post on the VUH. The majority of "Flex folks" have shifted to support for the union. Yammer is a place where a few management wannabes like Windbag and Jerkoffson or the trains...well trans something post. The vast majority of the support on this site is the management accounts like warturd. Most definitely the majority of "Flex folks" realize we must have a union to deal with this management.

I Agree completely and I am seeing more and more Flex Pilots on the road approaching Flight options Pilots and asking what they need to do to join the Union. Communication is key.

I think the union screwed this one up. Sure, the company didn't really negotiate the package, but it benefited a lot of people. Those that didn't take it might have been behind people that did and could have moved up the list. Now, those people won't benefit. How do you think the next vote will go? It was a few people in your favor last time. Do you think it will stay there?

It puts the lotion on its skin.

I Agree completely and I am seeing more and more Flex Pilots on the road approaching Flight options Pilots and asking what they need to do to join the Union. Communication is key.

I believe that is the biggest reason they have refused Weingarten Rights for Flexjet pilots. They know how many will speak up if they have some protection. And they want to maintain the intimidation factor.

I believe that is the biggest reason they have refused Weingarten Rights for Flexjet pilots. They know how many will speak up if they have some protection. And they want to maintain the intimidation factor.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! Too bad more of the Flexjet pilots don't realize that.

They do realize it. And they are intimidated, believing they will be fired for speaking. That's why the judges orders were so important.

I am not being controversial here. But where are these guys that you are seeing from the Flex side??? I only run into hardcore union haters. Since the purchase of Flex I have seriously met 2 guys that claimed pro union...

I am not being controversial here. But where are these guys that you are seeing from the Flex side??? I only run into hardcore union haters. Since the purchase of Flex I have seriously met 2 guys that claimed pro union...

That is how intimidation works. They have no idea who to trust, so they play it safe and claim to be anti-union with an unknown quantity like yourself. Flexjet unions supporters are much less likely to gaurded with an openly pro-union pilot like "doh".

KSU Aviator I think what most are failing to realize is Kenn and company have always found a way to challenge the pilots on decisions which negatively impact the lives of a few full well knowing that the Union will always base decisions on what is in the best interest of the Pilots as a whole. Now with that being said #1 the company filed the frivolous law suit against the Union and the Union responded with a counter suit which was there legal responsibility to the pilots they represent. The Judge Ruled that the company once again broke federal law. Do you really believe the company out of the kindness of there heart would have offered a VSP if the Union were not on the property, think about that.

I'm not sure what the build up had to do with the conclusion...but no, businesses don't do anything out of kindness. They do things to make money. Now, ask yourself this, how does the company make money by giving people money to retire early? Primarily, they can replace high longevity employees with low longevity and that 1 year salary they gave up saves them exponentially more over the coming years. Of course, the union could have supported this as a way to help their less fortunate pilots maintain positions they finally got back and help others retire early and won the debate. But they didn't. They fought it, they "won" and now they'll lose support.

The company needed a method of painting the Union in a bad light. The Union has previously negotiated a VSP with this Managment twice before when pilots were furloughed at Flight Options, so the question is why would they not do it this time? Because they know that there are Pilots that do not fully understand what is going on. If the pilots were to decertify this Union way down the road it would be there loss and the next reduction in Pilot force would be out of seniority and probably systematically target the pilots being paid the highest wages, or whatever method suited them. Be careful what you wish for. There is only one Pilot I can think of that consistently accuses the Union of costing them a Payraise and that is PD and he never tells the full story. All I can say is NOT TRUE!!

I don't know about the union preventing pay raises, but wasn't there an issue with Citation X pilots being displaced to the Phenom and losing their pay after there was an offer to keep them at their former pay? How many of those guys voted to reject the union?

Either way, I'm glad I'm not a Flex of FO pilot :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back