Delta retires last DC-9

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then fly somebody else......there... problem solved

I have switched to Lufthansa or Air France for trips to Europe. Domestic out of ATL has fewer options.

Here is an idea, get some better aircraft and better customer service. It great that you bought an oil refinery, use some of the money you are saving to make the customer experience better...

It's tough for him, he flies for Home Depot with an ATL base, actually FTY I believe. That is so sad! He's trapped....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Explain what is so sad about that. What's really sad is that you feel the need to try and put others down to make your little self seem superior. Nobody buys it. What he says is true, though I wouldn't expect you to see or agree it.

Explain what is so sad about that. What's really sad is that you feel the need to try and put others down to make your little self seem superior. Nobody buys it. What he says is true, though I wouldn't expect you to see or agree it.

What's sad dumb bass is that he has fewer options, and he hates DL. Well, move away...

And you are still an idiot. Things have improved tremendously since the BK. All fleets are getting upgrades, terminals are getting revamped, and they are hiring new FAs and gate people. But, you and Sleepy the crank don't think so.... Big surprise!

Bye Bye---General Lee

What's sad dumb bass is that he has fewer options, and he hates DL. Well, move away...

And you are still an idiot. Things have improved tremendously since the BK. All fleets are getting upgrades, terminals are getting revamped, and they are hiring new FAs and gate people. But, you and Sleepy the crank don't think so.... Big surprise!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Look, It is horrible to make a good six figures and only work 10 days a month, but I am sure DAL is better General (ok, we do not get leftover ice cream from the Business Class Pax so I will give you that).

So, my latest DAL customer service expirements. Coming back from a nice weekend in NYC out of JFK, the usual 30 minute delay, due to the almost three hour block time they list for the flight we land in ATL 30 minutes early. Wait, no gates available at 2230 at night, a thirty minute sit on the ramp waiting for a gate. Seriously, does DAL have a communication system, did they know we were coming to ATL? I saw plenty of empty gates available. Then when we finally get to baggage claim and another 30 plus minutes to get the bags. Hey General, maybe you should help out and throw some bags?

Recent trip to ASE for a long weekend of skiing, ok it was a SkyWest aircraft, but it did say DAL on the tail and the tickets were around $2000 each for Business Class on a CRJ 700 (the food was actually better than DAL food). So they miss the approach into ASE. Instead of taking us to Eagle or Grand Junction where we would have a 2 hour drive to ASE they take us to DEN. We had to rent an SUV to drive ourselves to ASE because it didn't look like the DAL short bus was ever going to arrive. Seven hours to make a three hour drive due to weather and we finally get to ASE. Then your plane could not get in to ASE to take us home, do a $500 limo ride to Grand Junction, a CRJ to SLC, then arriving back in ATL at 2300 that night. And of course we waited 30 minutes for the bags.

General, not sure why you get so high and mighty, your service is crap, you treat Gold and Diamond Medialion pax like crap. Some day the chicken will come home to roost.

Enjoy your ice cream. Going to London next week, I will make every effort to spit in the ice cream, hope you are on that flight....

Bye Bye---General Lee

You need to be banned. All you do is slam people with nothing to contribute.

Look, It is horrible to make a good six figures and only work 10 days a month, but I am sure DAL is better General (ok, we do not get leftover ice cream from the Business Class Pax so I will give you that).

So, my latest DAL customer service expirements. Coming back from a nice weekend in NYC out of JFK, the usual 30 minute delay, due to the almost three hour block time they list for the flight we land in ATL 30 minutes early. Wait, no gates available at 2230 at night, a thirty minute sit on the ramp waiting for a gate. Seriously, does DAL have a communication system, did they know we were coming to ATL? I saw plenty of empty gates available. Then when we finally get to baggage claim and another 30 plus minutes to get the bags. Hey General, maybe you should help out and throw some bags?

Recent trip to ASE for a long weekend of skiing, ok it was a SkyWest aircraft, but it did say DAL on the tail and the tickets were around $2000 each for Business Class on a CRJ 700 (the food was actually better than DAL food). So they miss the approach into ASE. Instead of taking us to Eagle or Grand Junction where we would have a 2 hour drive to ASE they take us to DEN. We had to rent an SUV to drive ourselves to ASE because it didn't look like the DAL short bus was ever going to arrive. Seven hours to make a three hour drive due to weather and we finally get to ASE. Then your plane could not get in to ASE to take us home, do a $500 limo ride to Grand Junction, a CRJ to SLC, then arriving back in ATL at 2300 that night. And of course we waited 30 minutes for the bags.

General, not sure why you get so high and mighty, your service is crap, you treat Gold and Diamond Medialion pax like crap. Some day the chicken will come home to roost.

Enjoy your ice cream. Going to London next week, I will make every effort to spit in the ice cream, hope you are on that flight....

Reminds me of my last experience in Home Depot ...guess we are even,welcome to corporate America ....

You need to be banned. All you do is slam people with nothing to contribute.

Wrong. Notice I added the second paragraph, detailing the things DL has done differently since the BK. That contributed a lot to showing Sleepy he was incorrect. I added facts to the debate. Keep working on it Mercy, you'll figure it out. Sleepy also was a disgruntled ASA pilot prior to Home Depot. It helps to know his history and where his grumpy feelings originate.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wow, you would interfere with flight crew as a passenger? That is illegal you know. Luckily they usually set aside pilot stuff before it heads out to the pax, a menu is brought up to the cockpit prior to push, and meals and extras are requested then.

You know, it sounds like your past experience at ASA has added to your current hostilities. That's unfortunate. Things have been changing for the better, and I of course disagree with your assertions. I watch the same service when I am on first break and often don't put up the curtains for the rest break and eat along with the pax. Most seem more than satisfied, and they mostly seem rested and happy as they disembark. Sounds like weather delays (ASE) and busy flow delays (NYC) were the roots of your problems, and you should know better than most that a lot of that is out of the airline's control. Getting a gate late may be an issue, but late at night may have fewer workers, and that is the same as getting to a Home Depot before it closes, it's hard to find help. Had you arrived at 5pm, I doubt you would have had that problem.

So, overall, you already knew these types of problems existed, but you wanted to vent and blame someone who probably wasn't there. Do you feel better? Good. So, as Filejw stated, can I complain to you about my last Home Depot visit? I'm going to Lowe's from now on!

Bye Bye---General Lee

So if the service sucks so bad (I'm not saying it doesn't) why do you keep going back?

Lowes is the WalMart of home improvement by the way. Prob why gential wants to shop there, that whole southern class and all.

Latest resources

Back