• Click here to read the July 2019 APDL and Logbook Pro Newsletter.
  • APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 9.1 is now available on the Apple App Store. Click here for details of what's new in this release. Major new features include Default Rest Facility, ATC Flight Planned Routes and Notifications of route changes, EDCT Status Board Widget, and more...

Delta retires last DC-9

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
Nope. There are currently 14 trips in open time on the ATL DC9 B (FO ), through Jan 21st. Looks like they are still flying.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Mercyful Fate

Get yo purple drank on yo
Total Time
A lot
Nope. There are currently 14 trips in open time on the ATL DC9 B (FO ), through Jan 21st. Looks like they are still flying.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Did you hear that Delta is getting 88 717's?

Buzo

The Jack of all trades
Total Time
Although that was the "official" last flight, it will still fly until Jan 22.

Flying-Corporal

Although that was the "official" last flight, it will still fly until Jan 22.
then it's not the last flight. you can't "officially" graduate and then study one more semester. It's called non-sense :)

Diesel-9

Total Time
Last scheduled flight. Still available for use as spare and open time til last crews go into training later in the month.

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
Looks like a Dominican airline wants to buy 20 of the DL DC95s:

This from CH Aviation:

PAWA Dominicana (7Y, Santo Domingo Las Am?ricas) is to reportedly acquire twenty DC-9-50s from Delta Air Lines (DL, Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson) following the US carrier's recent decision to phase out the type from revenue service. According to informed sources, the Dominican startup also plans to use two ex-Northwest Airlines (NW, Minneapolis/St. Paul) DC-9-30s, HI-869 (msn 47566) & HI-876 (msn 47046), and a single ex-American Airlines (AA, Dallas/Fort Worth) MD-82, HI-914 (msn 49476), all of which are currently in storage at Santo Domingo Las Am?ricas. PAWA Dominicana plans to resume operations later this year and is a sister carrier of Venuezuela's Aserca Airlines (R7, Caracas Sim?n Bolivar).

Bye Bye---General Lee

gutshotdraw

ZERT Wilson CQB User
Total Time
Looks like a Dominican airline wants to buy 20 of the DL DC95s:

This from CH Aviation:

PAWA Dominicana (7Y, Santo Domingo Las Am?ricas) is to reportedly acquire twenty DC-9-50s from Delta Air Lines (DL, Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson) following the US carrier's recent decision to phase out the type from revenue service. According to informed sources, the Dominican startup also plans to use two ex-Northwest Airlines (NW, Minneapolis/St. Paul) DC-9-30s, HI-869 (msn 47566) & HI-876 (msn 47046), and a single ex-American Airlines (AA, Dallas/Fort Worth) MD-82, HI-914 (msn 49476), all of which are currently in storage at Santo Domingo Las Am?ricas. PAWA Dominicana plans to resume operations later this year and is a sister carrier of Venuezuela's Aserca Airlines (R7, Caracas Sim?n Bolivar).

Bye Bye---General Lee
If they get paid a dollar fifty and a six pack per jet, Delta made out like bandits. Those things were paid off ages ago and would have actually COST money to store.....hahahaha!

Richard is the best CEO in the business right now.

sleepy

Living The Dream!
Total Time
I am surprised Delta isn't still flying the DC-3. I can make Gold to Platnium every year on Delta and honestly I am tired of crappy old airplanes with no overhead baggage area. I am also of old FA's with a bad attitude.

Last edited:

BILL LUMBERG

Total Time
9 to 5
I am surprised Delta isn't still flying the DC-3. I can make Gold to Platnium every year on Delta and honestly I am tired of crappy old airplanes with no overhead baggage area. I am also of old FA's with a bad attitude.
Then fly somebody else......there... problem solved

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
It's tough for him, he flies for Home Depot with an ATL base, actually FTY I believe. That is so sad! He's trapped....

Bye Bye---General Lee

pilotyip

Total Time
The DC-9 will continue to fly on for probably another 20 years. As far as I know a DC-9 type rating and differences training is all you need to fly any MD80/90 series or the MD-95 now known as the B-717. They are all still DC-9's. The name change is much like if Lockheed had purchased Boeing and renamed the 737 to the L-1500. Would we say when the B-737-200 made it last flight, that there were no more 737's flying?

DTW320

Total Time
15000+

You must not have been on the dc9 then.... The Delta (NWA) interiors in them had the biggest overhead compartments I've ever sen on a narrowbody. Much bigger than the 88s.