• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALPO

Thanks ALCO...Thanks for the support, I knew it wouldnt take to long to get someone on my side, wether or not you came by limo or not. I wonder if you have to tip a limo driver more, than a van driver. I'll check the by-laws....I came close to being a "dues paying" customer, but the furlough took care of that...

I came close to being a "dues paying" customer, but the furlough took care of that...

:rolleyes:

Gumby

Yah, I figured as much. Just a case of sour grapes. Well, if you make it to the majors when things turn around you will see it's really a pretty good gig. And the difference between a job at the majors and a typical work-like-a-dog-wage-slave flying job is a good contract. After all, we're still just blue collar labor....

PS I'm not sure the booze in the limo is free though, I'm gonna suggest that ALPA get that in the next contract... ;)

F/O

A limo huh ?

Well ALPA will take care of you while your on the street. Maybe you will get lucky and get a deal like USAIR where you can come back and fly an RJ at regional pay rates and rules.

The big unknown is exactly how long Potomac Air will operate staffed by furloughed mainliners. Seems to me if the company likes the revenue from that operation why would they ever bring back the furloughed pilots to mainline ?

I have a feeling the furloughed pilots going to Potomac Air will be there for quite some time. Management isn't doing this to make people happy, there doing it for profitability.

Thats all I have. I dont' even want to get into a pissing match about ALPA. there actions speak louder then any words possibly could !

Enough already the limo thing was tongue in cheek....

More seriously, though, yes I am out on the street. And I'm not planning on ALPA doing anything to change that. I never did. If anyone thought the "no furlough" clause was worth anything to begin with then they were sadly mistaken. At least they are paying my COBRA costs every month. Hell, that's alone worth the dues I paid.

I'm not pissed at ALPA because I got furloughed. This is a little hiccup in the course of my career. When things get back to normal (whatever that is) I will still have close to 30 more years to pay ALPA dues. ;) So the important thing to me is that we continue to have a contract that makes the airline a good place to be for a while.

The thing about ALPA, however, is that they are going to fight for the interests of the pilot groups that pay the most in dues. If you are at a major ALPA is a good deal. If you are at one of the regional affiliates then you will always get screwed. The examples are many, i.e. Delta and Comair, USAir and its wholly owned carriers. There will be more examples in the future. When it comes to issues like seniority, career security, etc the regional pilots will lose. I've been there and it's a crappy deal. Maybe the time has come for a dedicated regional airline pilot's union, I know there has been some talk of that. Right now there's not much to do about it except try to move on with your career if you so desire. And that won't be easy until the majors start hiring again.

ALPA

F/O,
Nope no sours grapes at all..just having fun messing with ya.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back