• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta off the runway again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very lucky! Aircraft mounted the embankment between two sets of large overflow pipes from the bay, and took out several hundred feet of fence. If it had hit those pipes I am sure there would have been a fireball and many injuries or worse. Very fortunate.

Ya, man. Your right. They must be fools. I'm sure they had lots of fun.

I wonder what that scene looked like when both of those pilots (or anyone else directly involved with this scary event) got home and hugged their loved ones.

But for the grace of God go I.

Just a word of wisdom for you. Step back and think before you speak. It's a small community and anyone of us could be affected by something like this on any given day.

Amen......

I guess I shouldn't be, but I am truly shocked at the way so called "professionals" throw rocks at each other when this stuff happens.

Every one of us is one bad day away from being on CNN. Act accordingly.

If you think that this kind of stuff can never happen to you, then you should not be flying airplanes.

You jackholes (you know who you are) talkin smack after an incident just sink this profession further into the busdriver category the public wants to believe. Nothing, REPEAT, NOTHING has been released about what happened factaully and you monkeys got it solved here on FI.....

Sad

Dead on.

I'm amazed at all the folks who are supposedly the "cream of the crop", the ones who have "made it" by becoming pilots at the majors, can act so unprofessionally, even on FI.

Very sad to read some of the comments from "professional" aviators on here.

Amen......

I guess I shouldn't be, but I am truly shocked at the way so called "professionals" throw rocks at each other when this stuff happens.

If you think that this kind of stuff can never happen to you, then you should not be flying airplanes.

Yep.

All those on here who claim they always act "professionally" when operating their aircraft, and by implication, that this could never happen to them, especially when there are currently ZERO facts available to explain what happened, truly bring this profession down.

Sometimes bad things happen. Mechanical issues. Weather. And even the very best among us will fins him/herself making bad judgement calls from time to time. The difference between the pilots of that Delta flight and those on here cutting them down is simply one of bad consequences for the mechanical/weather/decisions this time.

Most of us will slip through unscathed when bad things happen. Even bad decisions. But at some point, it'll catch up with us. It always does. Hopefully not in a big public way as with this event, but one way or another we'll all feel the sting.

My best wishes for that crew.

Amen......

It's not the professionals that make those comments. It's the wannabe tools who have been tools most of their lives that do it. Some of them somehow have slipped past the hiring departments.

It's not the professionals that make those comments. It's the wannabe tools who have been tools most of their lives that do it. Some of them somehow have slipped past the hiring departments.

Tanker is a CA at SWA, btw.

Latest resources

Back