• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Hiring SWA pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If he actually is a Capt hes prob banking 230K year min, not including 401K match and profit sharing, more like 250K with the ability to hit 300K if he puffs. He can bid his line and trade every trip or move most trips to another day. He can pu trips or try and drop his trips. If he has a 7 day vacation it'll prob give him 14 days off. If he's reserves, bummer...... Other than that I can assure you nobody will miss him.

Who does this Capt. work for?

I want to work there! Well, except for the lousy 14 day from a weeks vacation part! :beer:

Who does this Capt. work for?

I want to work there! Well, except for the lousy 14 day from a weeks vacation part! :beer:

He's telling you the truth about the left seat at SWA. One week vacation will give you 21 days off in a row (+4 more days off). If you want to hit 300K, that person will have to work a little during that 21 days off stretch. That's the thing about SWA. You can make more money if you want, and you can work as little as you want and accept lower income. I have less than 7 days vacation this month and I only have to work a 3 day. When you do that, your pay suffers but I can always pick up if I choose to. I'm sure it's similar at other places.

Personally, I have never come across anyone, definitely not a Captain who spoke about leaving SWA for others. Im sure they're out there, but I never hear about them.

If they are considering leaving my bet would be that they are a habitual dumb ass that has finally gotten their ass in a crack that they don't think they can get out of. Last straw kind of thing and they think they are on the verge of getting fired. Otherwise, no Captain would leave willingly. It pays to damn much and is a good deal to boot.

If they are considering leaving my bet would be that they are a habitual dumb ass that has finally gotten their ass in a crack that they don't think they can get out of. Last straw kind of thing and they think they are on the verge of getting fired. Otherwise, no Captain would leave willingly. It pays to damn much and is a good deal to boot.

I disagree. I think that there are many throughout the seniority list that feel the same way Bake does. It doesn't mean that he is leaving, or that he is about to be fired. It just means that WN isn't the same Airline that it was 14 years ago when he was hired. It's never a bad thing to explore all of your options in this constantly changing industry, even if you decide to remain at your current Airline.

I still think it's a bait or an unhappy transition pilot.

Any SWA person knows that guys with employee nmbers 53000 to 58000, they are not leaving for another carrier to get paid 60000.

It's a big joke but if you all want to discuss it more, please go ahead. If it IS true and this 55000 number Capt. quits, who's loss is it? Not mine.

I disagree. I think that there are many throughout the seniority list that feel the same way Bake does. It doesn't mean that he is leaving, or that he is about to be fired. It just means that WN isn't the same Airline that it was 14 years ago when he was hired. It's never a bad thing to explore all of your options in this constantly changing industry, even if you decide to remain at your current Airline.

Good point. Evidently, it was Bake's point too. I figured this thread would make some people's head explode, like the "When Mars attacks" movie and already a few brains are swelling.

I heard that too. It is believable in this industry landscape. With everyone hiring why would one pay for a type rating to be a permafo?

That higher power racket and paying for types has to stop.

Yeah, but just to no show!? Maybe a one off. I'd at least show a little gratitude, even if it's not someone's first choic,e SWA is a quality outfit - and they threw that person a bone.

He's telling you the truth about the left seat at SWA.

Really?

One week vacation will give you 21 days off in a row (+4 more days off).

Oh, that's a lot better than 14!

If you want to hit 300K, that person will have to work a little during that 21 days off stretch.

Except you can't work during the 7 vacation days or during the days of overlap trips pulled.

That's the thing about SWA. You can make more money if you want, and you can work as little as you want and accept lower income.

Except that it's not as easy as that anymore.

I have less than 7 days vacation this month and I only have to work a 3 day. When you do that, your pay suffers but I can always pick up if I choose to. I'm sure it's similar at other places.

Pick up what? There's NOTHING in TTGA or ELITT most of the month on the Capts side in MCO.

Personally, I have never come across anyone, definitely not a Captain who spoke about leaving SWA for others. Im sure they're out there, but I never hear about them.

Me either......

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Bake is pulling some legs.....

Latest resources

Back