• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Hiring SWA pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You mean to say, that working or flying for the LUV company SWA isn't all that its cracked up to be. Say it isn't so Charlie Brown...say it isn't so!!??

You mean to say, that working or flying for the LUV company SWA isn't all that its cracked up to be.

Is it true a recent SWA new hire class had a bunch of no-shows ? Or is that just some unsubstantiated internet forum, urban legend ?

It has been 14 years since I have applied anywhere. Just curious if you could from SWA Capt to Delta FO and have a good career. I have 20 years left.

I think it's very likely you could have a decent career. If you're thinking about doing it though, you better get on the stick. The class starting today has 75 new hires in it. Throw in the app, see what happens, if you get the offer then you've got a decision to make - until then it's an academic exercise.

For what it's worth, everyone I've flown with has been great, no kidding. I've met a couple Martians along the way, but haven't worked with them. Most folks seem content right now, of course there's a few who have trouble letting go of ancient history. I don't feel the comraderie with crews like I did at my previous regional, but that's alright - it's probably because we're not in a prison camp anymore. You're treated as a pro - you come in and do your thing, do home, and money magically shows up twice a month.

No guarantees expressed or implied.

Is it true a recent SWA new hire class had a bunch of no-shows ? Or is that just some unsubstantiated internet forum, urban legend ?

I heard that too. It is believable in this industry landscape. With everyone hiring why would one pay for a type rating to be a permafo?

That higher power racket and paying for types has to stop.

Last edited:
Bake,

You face a tough decision. You have invested a lot of time at SWA to start over at DAL. You make good money and I am sure you have good standing in seniority to protect you from furlough if everything goes to SH!t. If I were you I would stay. Good luck on what you do decide.

Hmmmmm?

Is he a SWA capt now or SWA capt in January 2015? Wink wink. It's hard to imagine the current SWA guy, even the junior Capt would say that after being here for that long.

I'm staying. 7th year and as happy as I was when I got hired.

Wow, the gullibility test. You would think this forum would produce at least a majority that could pass it. So sad, so sad. :bawling:

If he actually is a Capt hes prob banking 230K year min, not including 401K match and profit sharing, more like 250K with the ability to hit 300K if he puffs. He can bid his line and trade every trip or move most trips to another day. He can pu trips or try and drop his trips. If he has a 7 day vacation it'll prob give him 14 days off. If he's reserves, bummer...... Other than that I can assure you nobody will miss him.

Latest resources

Back