• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta cancels upcoming interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Same old tired a$$ voodoo economics that people have been spouting since the 80's and hasn't worked yet. You tax more revenue goes up, it's really just that simple. The only people that actually benefit from trickle down economics are the ultra rich and the businesses that can increase their profit, turn around and bend over their employees farther.

Why do we never learn.

Uh oh, perhaps it isn't that easy...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/38467149

Completely agree. Getting rid of the Bush tax cuts would decimate any possibility of a recovery. Just say NO!

.........the completion of all interviews for the 2010 hiring push........we have chosen over 170 of the best candidates from over 5000 applicants.....our first class of returning furlough/bypass pilots will begin INDOC training on Monday, August 2nd and the first new hire class will begin training on August 16th. We anticipate holding two new hire classes each month for a three month period and all 305 pilots will be flying the line by the first quarter of 2011 in preparation for a heavy summer schedule.....

Just read that as well, hiring is done for this year...congrats to the 170 and welcome back to the other 135! For the other 4830, don't give up hope...as long as the economy keep plugging away we'll most likely have some more seats next year as well. Update your app monthly!

So, 135 BRs? No mention of the flows (or was it implied that they were part of the 170 "Best Candidates?")

Good question. I assumed that was new hires and you add flows to it. So 60 CPS and 27 Mesaba plus the 170 and then BR's.

It wasn't broken down as far as how many BR's or flows., it did specifically mention 170 new hires. Guessing the 135 is a combination of flows and BR's.

Good question. I assumed that was new hires and you add flows to it. So 60 CPS and 27 Mesaba plus the 170 and then BR's.

The Code A Phone letter implies that classes will be held 2 a month over a 3 month period and that the 305 would be on-line by 1st quarter of 2011. Are they really planning 50 a class?

I know the Compass guys were told that after being held back to expect classes in Nov/Dec (???). If that's the case and the classes are only 30 a piece like we've heard then maybe there will be more classes for flows.

The letter doesn't seem to read that way though.

Last edited:
Man, I wanted to respond to data's post, but I don't think it would be nice to derail the thread a second time.. especially after witnessing the miracle of an FI thread being brought back on track. Someone should document this. :)

Thanks for the update on who got hired, I'm happy to hear that 305 actually will be going online, that there was no change in hiring projections.

And I think I'll take heart from the fact that there was only 5000 applications, I would have guessed more like 12 or 13K. So if 170 got hired out of 5000 thats 3.4%. Not exactly overwhelming odds, but at least they start with a whole number. :)

cale

And I think I'll take heart from the fact that there was only 5000 applications, I would have guessed more like 12 or 13K.

I was 5000 about a month ago, with more coming in all the time. I would guess by the time Delta is doing more hiring, there will many, many more.

Latest resources

Back