• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and Continental NOT talking

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good one TOM. Do you have an article about that to back up your statement? They both have NYC hubs (well, EWR isn't in NYC, but you get my drift), so a merger between DL/CAL would be heavily looked at by the DOJ and probably shot down. Nah.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Contrarian

Naw. I'm going with the theory that all rumors are head-fakes, and that the real deal is one that nobody sees coming. ;)

Thank God they aren't talking!!! And General, you are right, EWR is not in NYC. It is still the largest NYC hub for any single airline.

Thank God they aren't talking!!! And General, you are right, EWR is not in NYC. It is still the largest NYC hub for any single airline.

Yes, thank Gawd. Whoooo. And, CAL does have the largest hub in New Jersey for sure. We all love it, too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So much that your company is trying to copy every move we make out of it except out of JFK with no real feed system in place. I like EWR, it is an easy commute. I don't ever plan on living in that area of the world anyway so I'd rather commute to a hub that has many options/flights to and from it nonstop to my hometown(aus).

Thanks

IAHERJ

So much that your company is trying to copy every move we make out of it except out of JFK with no real feed system in place. I like EWR, it is an easy commute. I don't ever plan on living in that area of the world anyway so I'd rather commute to a hub that has many options/flights to and from it nonstop to my hometown(aus).

Thanks

IAHERJ

Yes, we don't have the exact feed you guys do into EWR at our JFK hub. But, that has been changing in the last year or so. Also, we have always done well at JFK, primarily because we were and are full of actual New York residents. New York City has so many people, and a lot want to go to Moscow, Kiev, Athens, Istanbul, Paris, etc. We have been flying to many of the smaller European Capitals long before you ever started it. You may have hit the big ones (Paris, Frankfurt, London, etc), but we have been going to the rest since we bought the Pan Am routes. Did People Express fly to all of the places Pan Am did? No way. Anyway, you guys do have a great feed system at EWR, but we actually fill ours with mostly New Yorkers. End of debate. You guys rule EWR, no doubt. And, you do fly to a lot of the smaller European capitals now that are out of reach currently for DL (until we get the ex TWA 757ERs that have the correct loads for those cities)--like Belfast, Birmingham (Eng), Bristol, Oslo, etc. That must be interesting.

Bye Bye--General Lee

DAL and CAL will likely not merge - way too much route and hub overlap. Don't worry about it. Time to move on...........

Yes, we don't have the exact feed you guys do into EWR at our JFK hub. But, that has been changing in the last year or so. Also, we have always done well at JFK, primarily because we were and are full of actual New York residents. New York City has so many people, and a lot want to go to Moscow, Kiev, Athens, Istanbul, Paris, etc. We have been flying to many of the smaller European Capitals long before you ever started it. You may have hit the big ones (Paris, Frankfurt, London, etc), but we have been going to the rest since we bought the Pan Am routes. Did People Express fly to all of the places Pan Am did? No way. Anyway, you guys do have a great feed system at EWR, but we actually fill ours with mostly New Yorkers. End of debate. You guys rule EWR, no doubt. And, you do fly to a lot of the smaller European capitals now that are out of reach currently for DL (until we get the ex TWA 757ERs that have the correct loads for those cities)--like Belfast, Birmingham (Eng), Bristol, Oslo, etc. That must be interesting.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It's a lot easier for an "actual New York" resident to get to EWR. I do it all the time and trying to go from Manhattan to JFK sucks.

Latest resources

Back