Delays at Teterhole, now the norm

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CALRepublic

I go to flightaware a lot ( too see where friends are, etc).

I see delays into TEB on a regular basis, actually last week Teterhole had 20-30 mn delays 4 or 5 days...

Why do private jet travelers prefer that $**thole over HPN, MMU, and FRG?

If you land at TEB, it can take 2 hours (during rush-hour) to cross the GW bridge into the city, so is not as convenient as people think

Maybe I'm missing something here

I always ask the same questions. Then they b!tch and moan about the delays when they show up 2 hrs late and at 6pm. Even KISP would be a better choice, IMHO

Speaking of the devil, right now June 18, 16:15L. Teterhole 1 hour 20 mns delay... HPN, FRG, MMU, ISP, SWF don't show delays

TEB is nowhere near as bad as Newark and LaGarbage but is getting bad for private jet standards

Because TEB up until about 8 years ago was not subject to Flow control in the NY area. The airlines complained that they were taking up slots and were able to TO and land with no delay even though the other NY area airports were delayed. In all fairness those delays were due to airspace saturation and not airport specific. So while the airlines were suffering 1 hour delays the corporate guys got to launch in to the already bloated airspace effectively skipping in front of the airlines for that airspace.

Now TEB is included in that when figuring flow delays due to airspace and they have to wait their turn. Simple as that.

Our owner flights have been going to FRG or HPN lately, no more Teterhole. Going southbound out of FRG much easier flying to first waypoint WAVEY than the always congested WHITE intersection. I have never been more than three deep for departure. Only downside is alot of weekend warriors and flight training going on but the tower is pretty good about keeping them under control. No problems on arrivals either,usually.

Because TEB up until about 8 years ago was not subject to Flow control in the NY area. The airlines complained that they were taking up slots and were able to TO and land with no delay even though the other NY area airports were delayed. In all fairness those delays were due to airspace saturation and not airport specific. So while the airlines were suffering 1 hour delays the corporate guys got to launch in to the already bloated airspace effectively skipping in front of the airlines for that airspace.

Now TEB is included in that when figuring flow delays due to airspace and they have to wait their turn. Simple as that.

You know why the airspace is so crowded? A lot of it is off limits so rich folks don't have to listen to a plane overhead. This squeezes everybody into narrow corridors, creating delays. Pretty funny.

TEB is still easy compared to LGA.

Gone there a number of times in the last 8 months, including during sequestration cuts, and sailed in and out while airline traffic to LGA/EWR/JFK was held for "saturation".

MMU is further out, but IMO a good plan B.

Yea, I hate Teetertotter as much as the next guy but three days ago, we were in the pattern with an AT-6 painted like a Japanese Zero and an hour later took off directly after a B-17.

And very little delay so good times all around.

Latest resources

Back