• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

definition of crew rest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know a guy in a similar type of regs violation....he went to the FSDO and then the Regional Office....they were both quite annoyed with his complaints...wanted him to be quiet. But, that was 8 years ago, and maybe with these new -121 rest rules, things are changing. The FAA already said they would change -135 F/D/R regs to be very close to the -121 rules down the road.

The Hotline people investigate the FSDO and Regional Offices, too. It is a different path than your friend took I suspect.

I don't think they had a hotline back then...

I fly Part 91, so really all bets are off. But we think of crew rest after you have checked into hotel and had dinner and are in bed ready for sleep. We can interpret what the FAA says all along but your body tells you what you need. When we shut down our plane only after we have checked into hotel does our "crew rest" start. Of course we are fortunate enough to have 4 pilots in our flight department. we dont like to stretch "rest" the boss wants fresh sane minded guys behind the yoke before the next trip. whether its an hour or 10 hour flight. Thats the way it should be. But of course I know its not!!! by any means... hense why we see lots of incidents/accidents. Most of them are never mechanical but somewhere down the chain it was pilot/mechanic/people related..... just my two cents.. If I am forced from a company to go beyond my limit, i need to go back and rethink what I have gotten my self into.. Of course everyone is different. and there should be a "guide line" But I find the "guidelines" not good enough... May be good enough for the FAA or maybe even insurance companies "which dont get involved" but never enough for the crew.. Just my two cents..

And I dont agree that there are different regs for different types of ops. 91, 121, 125, 135.. They are all crew.. No private owner is less important than a client chartering an airplane, or passenger in a airliner.. alot of charter operators put "flight Attendants" as Cabin service attendant so they dont fall into as crew. People have to remember CSA or Flight attendants are not only there to serve food. but for Safety. Thats why companies pay money for their training...

Latest resources

Back