• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Daytona 500 predictions please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i gotta agree with bugchaser. DEI owns daytona. i like dale jr. seems like a cool guy. waltrip is kind of a tool.

gotta stick by the man though. i'm gonna be watching for tony stewart to take the lead.

did anyone else become a tony stewart fan after the fights with gordon?

when he put gordon into the wall in pit lane after the race, i became a die hard stewart fan. he's my hero. :D

f*ck gordon.

starvingcfi said:

f*ck gordon.

Not that I'm a huge NASCAR fan, or care one way of the other, but it seems to me that people hate Jeff Gordon for the same reason they hate the Dallas Cowboys or the NY Yankess, etc. They are big budget teams and consistent winners. Some people just have a probelm with that. I think they just have a probelm, period. Good teams will rise to the top in any sport, and people seem to have a problem with that. Maybe it's jealousy. They can't stand to see the same teams on top consistently. And I guess he's not one of the "good 'ol boy rednecks". However, you can't argue with success. The Dallas Cowboys have been in 8 Super Bowls and won 5....tops in the NFL. The Yankees seem to own the World Series, and Jeff Gordon has 4 Championships and 64 wins in 365 starts.

These teams have no middle ground. You either love them or hate them, but virtually no one is indifferent about them. That's the price of success. Some people just seem to have a problem dealing with that.

My prediction: We won't get to see how any of this unfolds due to rain. I really hope I'm wrong...

Jimmie Johnson, and Kevin Harvick are my two favorites, Johnson has the better shot, and it's gonna be Eliot Saddler winning today. My fantasy team consists of Maritn, Busch, and Burton, so i'll be pulling for these guys also...i just hope the rain and Jeff Gordon (qualified 38) don't cause any problems...

one more quick question to ask everyone...which drivers, crewcheifs, and owners are pilots?

Kurt Busch flew into our airport last september and the "kid" flying his plane looked as if he wasn't old enough to buy the can of dip in his back pocket. he was really cool and we talked for about an hour, he had brought his private pilot instructor along as a "thank you" while flying the King Air...I'll bet it was on the dime of Roush Racing too...:D

Driver/Pilots

Jmmccutc said:

one more quick question to ask everyone...which drivers, crewcheifs, and owners are pilots?

I met Rusty Wallace when he flew a Lear 31 into our airport for gas. I asked him this same question... he said Mark Martin and Bill Elliott both fly regularly. Rusty has over 9000 hrs. Jack Roush is a pilot... and many would say a lucky one after crashing his experimenal twin.

Flying and Racing are similar in a lot of ways... you'd think many drivers would aspire to fly.

Plate tracks= DEI wins.

Starving CFI.......... Couldn't have said it better myself!!:D :D

Jmmccutc said:
Jeff Gordon (qualified 38) don't cause any problems...

I don't suppose you'd care to explain (since you felt the need to bring it up) WHY Jeff Gordon qualified 38th?? It wouldn't have anything to do with Dale Jr's protege Kasey Kahne's absolute bonehead move in the pits that resulted in an accident now would it??

Plate rates=DEI victories...yep, that's right. Why even bother? It's be that way until the racing community gets over the fact that Dale Earnhardt is no longer racing. Probably take a few more years...or until his buddy Mike Helton is no longer running the show.

The BIG one

Here's what I want to know.....

Since there isn't going to be a Bodine family member in this race to cause the big one... Who's going to do it in their place???

I use to see Dale Jr. tag along and play in the right seat of the CJ every now and then out of JQF where DEI keeps the planes. Good group of pilots ...

3 5 0

ps>> told ya'll he would win

:D

Latest resources

Back