Dalpa ATL roadshow had a lot of yelling today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

I wasn't there, but supposedly there is a video of the MEC Chair getting upset and yelling. Other boards had updates and there was a lot of back and forth, cheering when people stood up and tried to refute the union spin, and there were a couple police cars outside in case things got worse, supposedly requested by the MEC. I don't think they realized what social media could stir up.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I was there in ATL today.....nothing like our trained chimp GL describes.

I was there in ATL today.....nothing like our trained chimp GL describes.

Delta buddy of mine was there and described it as confrontational and contentious. Really? Doesn't sound like a rational dialogue at all.

How many roadshow meetings in the ATL area? 3-4? Will they have roadshow stops in other bases too?

Last edited:
Heard the same here. The gains that could have been achieved in the environment should have been easy to identify. This one is concessionary. From a company making what? Over 6 Billion dollars?

The cops were required by the hotel because of the size of the event, not requested by the MEC.

There were the usual few yelling and swearing lots (a shame because there were kids and families there, and we want to be treated like professionals....no excuse for them.) but hardly the shouting match GL was making it out to be. People asked pointed questions of the negotiators and some(operating word) weren't happy. FWIW

Delta buddy of mine was there and described it as confrontational and contentious. Really? Doesn't sound like a rational dialogue at all.

How many roadshow meetings in the ATL area? 3-4? Will they have roadshow stops in other bases too?

When I was emailed the schedule, I saw every base gets one and I think some road shows overseas.

Latest resources

Back