• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 1400 is still the last fulough number I saw.

Mainline flights are staying about the same but they are still growing asa and com

Has any of the furloughed guys from Delta gone over to ASA? I understand ASA will hire all of the furloughed guys and let them keep their Delta seniority number.

DRSC,

No that is not the case. No one has come over and there are no dual seniority numbers allowed.

rjcap,

Sorry to inform you that your information is wrong. It has been approved by both our mangment and our union to have the Delta guys keep their number and come over to ASA as a new hire. This information has been posted in the crew lounge and is now also posted on the ASA web board at our ALPA web site. So, my question is, have any of those guys taken this opportunity. If not, is it because they are afraid that they will be considered a "regional" pilot. We all know how much the newer Delta a$$holes are against the regional guys. I just wondered which is worse for them - being considered a regional pilot, or being out of a job. If anyone has a factual answer and can back it up, please respond to this posting. There are a bunch of us dying to know.

Not an answer

Ok, DRSC, I am confused. If I understand your question, you are talking about someone with a senoirity number at DAL going to ASA and maintaining his senoirity number at DAL. Is that right?
If you are hired at DAL and you don't lose your senority number why would you care what someoen at DAL thought? Maybe you are worried about someone going after you while on probabtion? It seems to me that anything you do that is not illegal is none of their bussiness. DAL put you on the street, now you need to put groceries on the table.

Thanks for the enlightenment:D

DRSC said:

We all know how much the newer Delta a$$holes are against the regional guys. I just wondered which is worse for them - being considered a regional pilot, or being out of a job.

I'd like to know if anyone has even been offered aninterview... forget about taking the job. Is it just management window dressing or is it real?

Interesting how a guy who "wants a factual answer" spouts off something he can't "back up" about what people he doesn't know think of "regional guys"

I'll tell you why I haven't applied yet:

Unemployment: $1276/month...home every night

ASA: $19.02/hr * 75 hrs = $1426 before taxes/uniforms/other deductions ..... only home 10 nights/month, probaly less due to commuting

Personally, I think it would be a blast to fly the ATR again... once unemployment runs out I might consider it.

DRSC said:
It has been approved by both our mangment and our union to have the Delta guys keep their number and come over to ASA as a new hire. ...So, my question is, have any of those guys taken this opportunity. If not, is it because they are afraid that they will be considered a "regional" pilot. We all know how much the newer Delta a$$holes are against the regional guys. I just wondered which is worse for them - being considered a regional pilot, or being out of a job. If anyone has a factual answer and can back it up, please respond to this posting.

Your post is so derisive and provocative, it sounds like your trying to start a fight. Grow up.

I was hired by DAL in March 2001. Of the "a$$holes" in my class, only half were former military, a couple were corporate, the rest were former regional pilots. (This is the typical mix up of all of the recent classes that I know of at DAL.) Of the military guys, several of them had flown for regionals as well. I never did, but when I got out of the military, I did apply and got offered jobs by three regionals. I didn't take the jobs--but not because I thought I was too good. I have a wife and a child and I could not afford to fly for them. I was fortunate to find another job in aviation that paid good wages and allowed me to sleep in my own bed every night. My first line check pilot at DAL was a non-military guy who had flown for several regionals prior to coming to Delta--he's one hell of a good guy and a great pilot. The point I'm getting at is that I don't know any newly hired pilot at DAL that thinks he or she is too good to fly for a regional airline. But I also don't know of any that will be taking ASA up on their offer to come on as a new hire. The pay is very low, time away from home is very high--quality of life is not that good. There are many other jobs out there that are far more attractive for a furloughed guy. We already have a number at DAL, so we don't have to worry about staying current and building time. Every furloughed pilot I know is looking for higher wages than ASA is offering and more time at home than is possible at a regional. Hopefully you understand the difference I am trying to explain.

Some of the jobs that DAL furloughees are doing now: many returned to active duty or fly full time for reserve units, several government contractors, simulator instructors, school teachers, real estate agents, technical writer, various engineering jobs, air inc consultant, federal air marshal, truck driver, car sales, park ranger, corporate pilot, software engineer, bartender. Some are taking this opportunity to give back to their communities, many are doing things they have always wanted to but never had the chance, most are spending more time with their families, some are just enjoying the break and living out their dreams.

Obviously you have been mistreated by someone at Delta in the past. Don't let one bad experience or one bad apple cloud your opinion of an entire group.

Yeah, what he said. I don't want to work at a regional--I simply can't afford it at this time in my life. But, I do wish you luck. And really, we're not a$$holes--and I'm certain that the folks at your company aren't either. By and large, wherever you go, folks are pretty nice.

We have to face it folks. If someone is a jerk, they will be that way, military or civilian, it does not matter.

As far as the job at ASA. If you live in Atlanta or Dallas, it would not be bad, but if not the $19 per hour first year pay can't justify commuting. Especially now because any new hire will be on reserve for at least 4-6 months.

Regardless wether DAL pilots come to ASA or not, there is still lots of questions to be answred. Sure the life style working for a regional airline is not that great but at least is a flying job. I will give credits to those who got furloughed and managed to find other jobs.

As far the DAL pilots, I have yet met anyone who has a major attitude problem. Every pilot I have met has been very respectful and professional. Most of the times I have jumpseated on DAL, I was greeted in a friendly manner. Of course there is always that 10% and they will not change for you nor anyone. Overall, if any DAL pilots jumpseated on my airplane, I would greet them the same way I was treated when I jumpseated on them.

Best of luck to you all!!!! :)

CRJDRYVER

Latest resources

Back