• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Culpae poena par esto

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree, however the union was voted in during good times, all furloughed pilots were offered recall and we were told more airplanes were coming and cessna/textron were completely committed to CA, at least that is what management led us to believe.

I agree, however the union was voted in during good times, all furloughed pilots were offered recall and we were told more airplanes were coming and cessna/textron were completely committed to CA, at least that is what management led us to believe.

I think mgmt believed, and hoped, what they were saying was accurate. However, senior mgmt at Cessna was replaced and a recovery in the private aviation market didn't materialize. More senior executives (Textron) chose to go a different route.

Media outlets were surprised also with the course change.

The union activities played a limited, if any role, in the decision process.

Where in the world did I say you should endanger the customers and yourselves?

Counseling pilots to essentially capitulate to a management that has ulterior motives is encouraging an already volatile situation.

If the union takes a hard line, the resulting shutdown will benefit my company, so go ahead, stir up the rabble.

Again, it's obvious its only your own preconceived notions about unions that you bring to this conversation. Anyone who has actually been directly involved with the Union at CA knows different. There has been no hardline other than what management keeps cramming down our throats.

I will wave as I drive by the unemployment line, amazed at the seemingly intelligent pilots who caused their own unemployment.

Well looks like you are once again gloating and rooting for other people's misery. You truly are a sad example of what's wrong with our profession.

They won't even have Hostess Twinkies to snack on as they wait in line, because the unions shut down that company too.

and now you are just being stupid! This claim about Hostess and what caused their demise had nothing to do with their Unions. Have you ever examined your own preconceived assumptions?

The Dude Abides said:
So we should carry broken items so that it's more convenient?

Yes, it's called an MEL.

Again, proving your own inferiority... It's obvious the problem is not with MEL-able items you dunce.

Keep talking out of your rear...it exposes you most effectively...

Last edited:
Hostess was shut down by the baker's union...the Teamsters even blame them for this fact.

Yes if you only look at the end game and ignore the prior years of mismanagement and corruption of Hostess management you can make that statement. I don't think that the Teamsters would agree however that it was all the fault of the baker's union.

Secondly, who cares?

It was only a matter of time before Mayor Bloomberg shut them down ....

Now that is a guy that needs to be run out of town.

Chuck E Cheese can't even use a pitcher to serve a birthday party their drinks! Domino's can't deliver 2 liter bottles of Pepsi/Coke. ...and he tried to hold a marathon 6 days after saying it would be good for the poor people on Staten Island!

You can't get much worse than Bloomberg unless you look at the guy at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Does anyone want to even venture a guess on the price tag for sending Michelle and the girls to Colorado to go skiing while he goes to Florida to play golf?

Latest resources

Back