• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Culpae poena par esto

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't the company bound by 'status quo' as is the employee group during the negotiating period? A change in the schedule would seem to be in conflict of that.

Sadly no. Status quo doesn't apply until a CBA is in place. So it will apply for the CA pilots second contract.

In the opinion of many, it's one of the glaring flaws in the RLA.

Sadly no. Status quo doesn't apply until a CBA is in place. So it will apply for the CA pilots second contract.

So . . . you mean to say that the company can do whatever it wants whenever it wants and the pilots have to kiss Phildo's sac and thank him? (at least that's what Captain G4Dude would have you do) Wonder what would have happened if the freeloader dudes would have supported from the beginning. We may have had a contract by now. Thanks "fencesitters". Nuttin' like going from five-star to yellow-tie to scumbag charter.

So . . . you mean to say that the company can do whatever it wants whenever it wants and the pilots have to kiss Phildo's sac and thank him? (at least that's what Captain G4Dude would have you do) Wonder what would have happened if the freeloader dudes would have supported from the beginning. We may have had a contract by now. Thanks "fencesitters". Nuttin' like going from five-star to yellow-tie to scumbag charter.

They can and will do whatever they want including shutting the company down which it appears is what they are doing. Having 100% migs would have no effect. They have a free reign. The only thing that can be done is a fly safe operation which is hard to do and in my opinion would only speed up the process they are into, shutting it down.

They can and will do whatever they want including shutting the company down which it appears is what they are doing. Having 100% migs would have no effect. They have a free reign. The only thing that can be done is a fly safe operation which is hard to do and in my opinion would only speed up the process they are into, shutting it down.

So we should carry broken items so that it's more convenient?

i think a union should hold the threat of shut down over a company. it sends a good message to stop being greedy and re-invest all your wealth back into the company, and that is how you insure long term survival. there are no bad companies, only bad management.

management needs to learn.

So we should carry broken items so that it's more convenient?

Well yes, duh...

Haven't you read G4's concerns about pilots loosing their jobs unless we help management continue to endanger ourselves and our customers. We need to assist incompetence by quietly cooperating in the quest to squeeze ever more out of us. Only when we've become the bottom feeder that we always knew we could be, will we have achieved our true purpose; reducing competition so his own job is more secure...

Well yes, duh...

Haven't you read G4's concerns about pilots loosing their jobs unless we help management continue to endanger ourselves and our customers. We need to assist incompetence by quietly cooperating in the quest to squeeze ever more out of us. Only when we've become the bottom feeder that we always knew we could be, will we have achieved our true purpose; reducing competition so his own job is more secure...

Not quite following the logic here. For you to keep your job, the company has to make a profit acceptable to the investors. Where in the world did I say you should endanger the customers and yourselves? I am just saying you might want to be careful how much pressure you put on your employer given how soft the economy is right now A fairly good job is a lot better than no job, it seems to me. If the union takes a hard line, the resulting shutdown will benefit my company, so go ahead, stir up the rabble. I will wave as I drive by the unemployment line, amazed at the seemingly intelligent pilots who caused their own unemployment. They won't even have Hostess Twinkies to snack on as they wait in line, because the unions shut down that company too.

CA is shutting down? management is all to blame, the pilots lived up to their end of the bargain, union or not. CA was seemingly a good company for a long while, turns out it was not. A lot of credit goes to the pilots who tried to fix their end of things while managements "best in the industry mantra" was costing them 40 million a year and and costing jobs.

CA is shutting down? management is all to blame, the pilots lived up to their end of the bargain, union or not. CA was seemingly a good company for a long while, turns out it was not. A lot of credit goes to the pilots who tried to fix their end of things while managements "best in the industry mantra" was costing them 40 million a year and and costing jobs.

You may be right, but unionizing a failing company seems like a BAD idea.

Latest resources

Back