ctation encore pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cordova1

What do you guys think starting pay in the right seat of an Encore should be. The Job averages about 400 hours of flying a year. I have 4500tt and am comming of two years with a regional.

Depends a lot on where you are and the additional benefits you have... also if you are only SIC or Typed. Will you only be flying in the right seat? Do you have your ATP? Similar experience (corporate or charter)?

There's no simple equation, but for right seat only, no type I'd put pay somewhere between 35-50K depending on the location and type of flying (135 vs 91), with higher end for 91 and larger metro areas.

If you are going to be type rated and fly from the right, I would put pay in the 40-55K range (for overall compensation).

But it varies greatly... Here's my stats for comparison.

I'm the junior guy in a two pilot operation that has a 3 year old Encore. I am typed and fly from the left seat, on alternate legs. Job title is Pilot. My supervisor is the Chief Pilot, my boss is the CEO/President. We have one very part time contract guy that fills in when one of us is sick/vacation (he's not typed).

No set schedules (we're on call from 7am-5pm M-F), but most trips are scheduled a few days in advance or greater. Work the occassional weekend. We log about 270 hrs/year. Plane is based in a small city in the rural Mid-Atlantic (population about 110,000).

Been with the company for about 8 months and make 52K/year, plus 401K match (up to 125%), health benefits, and profit sharing that equal a total compensation of about $65K/year. 2 weeks of paid vacation (increasing to 4 weeks with longevity), plus company holidays (8) and personal days/sick time (4 days/year).

We pay our full time copilot on a CE-550 in the southeast $30K a year, plus full benefits. Also, training at Simuflite was paid for with no contract or upfront cost. He's not typed, but that is only because he was 50 hours short of ATP mins and we didn't want to waste money on a commercial type rating. He'll get his type at recurrent.

Companies near me are paying 40K for Citation II first officers. That's for 135. Encore should be making more...

Latest resources

Back