• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crash at ASE...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another wonderful decision by a pilot.......just great.....

I guess we'll always have pilots that will just never learn.....part of the industry it seems.

Another case of a stupid Captain killing people.......he was trying to land with a 30 kt tailwind, he tells the tower that. That's willfully and knowingly doing something with that plane that can cause a crash and its against the manufacturers limitations. The Captain should be charged with Manslaughter.....for sure. If he survives......

Last edited:
Another wonderful decision by a pilot.......just great.....

I guess we'll always have pilots that will just never learn.....part of the industry it seems.

Another case of a stupid Captain killing people.......he was trying to land with a 30 kt tailwind, he tells the tower that. That's willfully and knowingly doing something with that plane that can cause a crash and its against the manufacturers limitations. The Captain should be charged with Manslaughter.....for sure. If he survives......

Calm down drama queen. The copilot was killed, he was a willing participant. Hardly manslaughter.

Calm down drama queen. The copilot was killed, he was a willing participant. Hardly manslaughter.

I agree, you can't sit there and watch yourself get killed. very sad day, and not the first time or last time this will happen, sadly.

Now you should know that just isn't how it works out there.....copilots, most of them anyway, just sit and do whatever it is the moron captain does.

It certainly can be manslaughter, and should be. Anytime a person does something that can potentially KILL another human being, even if its not on purpose, it's called Manslaughter.

"The leading cause of death of copilots......is captains."

I agree, you can't sit there and watch yourself get killed. very sad day, and not the first time or last time this will happen, sadly.

Uh, yea, that's exactly what copilots do all the time. They just sit there and watch their lives end....... It's the way it is. Now maybe you weren't like that and that guy wasn't like that....but 99.99% of them are like that. It's the way it is........!!!!

I have told captains to suck my "beep" when they wouldn't put enough fuel on to make me comfortable. Literally laugh at tyem in the lobby of the FBO when they tell me we're going and thats that.....yeah, whatever fat man.

I've called the tower and said "Nxxxx going missed approach we have full scale deflection" when dumb moron stupid captains would be chasing needles at 800 feet on an ILS in bad weather. I've called Minimum Fuel on Lear 25's when the moron captains wanted to get back in line #10 for another approach in a Lear 25 with 800 pounds of fuel remaining after going Missed Approach in bad weather.

As far as I'm concerned, in many cases, before the flight departs and while the plane is in the air.....the copilot is the final authority, especially when it's a moron captain sitting in the left seat trying to kill you making stupid decisions. I didn't make a lot of captains happy sometimes, but screw them, I'm still alive.

Copilots need to speak up more and literally tell the captain he can suck it.......get on the radio and call missed approach, that will force the morons to actually go missed. Coming down final tell the tower there's a 30 it tailwind and we can't land in that, the captain would then have to go missed. Don't just sit there and fly into wind shear, tail winds, gusts and low visibility....IN FREAKIN ASPEN......

Copilots need to take control more often, that's EXACTLY why they are there. Ay time I talk to a new copilot I tell him exactly how you keep from letting a moron captain kill you. And DO NOT leave on the flight if anything is out of your comfort zone, because they are truly the final authority. If they say the plane doesn't fly, it doesn't fly. No while its flying there's many things they can say to force a moron captain from continuing to do something dangerous.

-----and. I don't need anyone to post how..."But they will lose their job if they do that." Uh, well.......this copilot is going into the ground now because he didn't speak up. And if he was all for trying to land in that weather in Aspen, that makes two fools.

Ah, whatever.......like you said, its not gonna be the last. And WHY.....because copilots won't speak up. So whatever.....

Wow, you're very passionate about this. Maybe you should get away from the south Florida aviation scene.

Uh, yea, that's exactly what copilots do all the time. They just sit there and watch their lives end....... It's the way it is. Now maybe you weren't like that and that guy wasn't like that....but 99.99% of them are like that. It's the way it is........!!!!

I have told captains to suck my "beep" when they wouldn't put enough fuel on to make me comfortable. Literally laugh at tyem in the lobby of the FBO when they tell me we're going and thats that.....yeah, whatever fat man.

I've called the tower and said "Nxxxx going missed approach we have full scale deflection" when dumb moron stupid captains would be chasing needles at 800 feet on an ILS in bad weather. I've called Minimum Fuel on Lear 25's when the moron captains wanted to get back in line #10 for another approach in a Lear 25 with 800 pounds of fuel remaining after going Missed Approach in bad weather.

As far as I'm concerned, in many cases, before the flight departs and while the plane is in the air.....the copilot is the final authority, especially when it's a moron captain sitting in the left seat trying to kill you making stupid decisions. I didn't make a lot of captains happy sometimes, but screw them, I'm still alive.

Copilots need to speak up more and literally tell the captain he can suck it.......get on the radio and call missed approach, that will force the morons to actually go missed. Coming down final tell the tower there's a 30 it tailwind and we can't land in that, the captain would then have to go missed. Don't just sit there and fly into wind shear, tail winds, gusts and low visibility....IN FREAKIN ASPEN......

Copilots need to take control more often, that's EXACTLY why they are there. Ay time I talk to a new copilot I tell him exactly how you keep from letting a moron captain kill you. And DO NOT leave on the flight if anything is out of your comfort zone, because they are truly the final authority. If they say the plane doesn't fly, it doesn't fly. No while its flying there's many things they can say to force a moron captain from continuing to do something dangerous.

-----and. I don't need anyone to post how..."But they will lose their job if they do that." Uh, well.......this copilot is going into the ground now because he didn't speak up. And if he was all for trying to land in that weather in Aspen, that makes two fools.

Ah, whatever.......like you said, its not gonna be the last. And WHY.....because copilots won't speak up. So whatever.....

Just one of the many reasons Part 91 is bullsh*t; the training (and culture) blows.

Just one of the many reasons Part 91 is bullsh*t; the training (and culture) blows.
Yeah, you're right. Because 135 crews haven't ever had any problems at Aspen and 121 crews never make mistakes either. What was I thinking?

Yeah, you're right. Because 135 crews haven't ever had any problems at Aspen and 121 crews never make mistakes either. What was I thinking?

No, they have, but the training regimens and regulatory oversight is a damn sight more comprehensive. Demonstrably so.

lol, nicely laid at the feet of every (and any) part 91 operator. In the immortal words of a certain ToolMan sidekick..."I dont think so Tim."

Are there ignorant operators out there, sure...but I have had MANY 135 checks that were at best a joke, downright irresponsible at worst.

If your job is either of them, move on ;)

Latest resources

Back