Cover Letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mrflyguy

I am just at the point of getting my resume/cover letter out, and was wondering to whom I should address it? I know that the best is to send to a specific name. For the airlines that I do not know who to send it to, should I just direct it to Pilot Recruiting, or what?
THanks in advance for your help

Cover

Address to pilot recruitment if you do not have a contact name.
You can start the letter with something like Dear Pilot Staffing Representative.

"Address to pilot recruitment if you do not have a contact name.
You can start the letter with something like Dear Pilot Staffing Representative."

If you don't have a name, donate the $ to the church instead of sending it to "Pilot Staffing Representative".

Your letter will go right into the garbage.

Cover letters

I agree. Get a name. You can always call the airline's main number and ask for the name of the pilot recruiter, and GET THE CORRECT SPELLING!

Another couple of suggestions. Try to throw in something that shows you know something about the company. Also, keep your letter brief. Unfortunately, the people you want to impress with your interest and enthusiasm do not read cover letters, so don't waste your time drafting artful prose. Just the same, you don't want your letter to read like or appear to be a form.

Good luck with your job search.

Latest resources

Back