Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

countbat

Alea Jacta Est
For those of you working in Japan, Midle East and any other places how do you mix thise life style and family back home?

Some places in Asia are suitable to bring the family, some not. I feel there's a real educational benefit to bring the family, all depends on how long you plan to stay etc.

For those of you working in Japan, Midle East and any other places how do you mix thise life style and family back home?

Most of those commuting jobs in Asia will see you gone from the USA for 20+ days at a time. If you have a family with young children I would say the chances of divorce are close to 100%.

It is far better to take a job where you are based in a city that the family can live as well, a non-commuting job. The most important advice there is that the wife has to agree to the job and the move 100%. If she is the least bit skeptical or has the need to be near her family it probably won't work out.

Keeping a house in the USA ( or wherever home is ) where your family can spend the summer months is a pretty good idea.

Typhoonpilot

I'm a contract pilot in Ireland. We have a quite a few family men working here as pilots. They've mostly moved their families to Ireland and at the majority of the bases there are no overnights so therefore the family life is far better than being a pilot in the US. Ireland is an easy place to move the family to.

Latest resources

Back