• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Contract pilots - a question about types

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No heavy time. I am contracted as an FO and generally FOs are upgraded here around 3 to 5 years. However, it is not in your contract (yet) and there is no seniority.

I am contracted through PARC. I moved overseas for the job and needed a non-US based company for tax purposes. Send me a pm with your questions and I will give you my email.

D328,

I have been looking into the same thing as you but with a different company. I have all RJ flight time and did the whole southwest 737 type sham. I really only have a couple of questions that are going to help me decide if I am going to pursue this opportunity. Do you think that it is do-able to go from the RJ with no heavy time to Captain on the 767 without any major problems. Was it ever an option for you via PARC to go for a CA position rather than an FO?

Thanks,
V

Do you think that it is do-able to go from the RJ with no heavy time to Captain on the 767 without any major problems. Was it ever an option for you via PARC to go for a CA position rather than an FO?

Thanks,
V

"Do-able" - yes.

Highly unlikely - yes.

Every contract I have ever seen for wide body Captain has required time on type or other heavy time as an alternate.

Perhaps in Africa, but hey, who knows, in this market anything can happen.

any work out there for guys with t-prop time? I dont have any "jet" time, and I see that as a requirement just about everywhere. I'm not looking to fly for a-net to pick up more t-prop time if I can help it. 3000TT with 1000 pic t-prop here. any ideas would be great

"Do-able" - yes.

Highly unlikely - yes.

Every contract I have ever seen for wide body Captain has required time on type or other heavy time as an alternate.

Perhaps in Africa, but hey, who knows, in this market anything can happen.

Apparently not in Japan either. I am trying to find out information because of a job prospect not something I pulled out of my behind. I have spoken with the recruiter who advised that it would be a hard transition but some have done it. I just wanted to hear from someone who had been through the same type of program before I made a decision.

Watch out for the bait and switch.

Saudi Aramco tried that with me in 1999/2000. They offered a job as a Captain, then, just before I was supposed to leave they said I would need to be monitored in the right seat before the left seat transition. No guarantee as to when the transition would happen.

I was already typed and had 2000 hours pic on the A/C.

I didn't take the job.

All I am saying is becareful, there are still a lot of qualified widebody Captains out there. Outside of Africa it really seems like a stretch for airlines to be taking RJ pilots as widebody DEC's.

Again, who knows? In this market anything can happen. Good luck.

Watch out for the bait and switch.

Saudi Aramco tried that with me in 1999/2000. They offered a job as a Captain, then, just before I was supposed to leave they said I would need to be monitored in the right seat before the left seat transition. No guarantee as to when the transition would happen.

I was already typed and had 2000 hours pic on the A/C.

I didn't take the job.

All I am saying is becareful, there are still a lot of qualified widebody Captains out there. Outside of Africa it really seems like a stretch for airlines to be taking RJ pilots as widebody DEC's.

Again, who knows? In this market anything can happen. Good luck.

Good advice. Thanks. Did they seem at all shady when you went in to interview or did everything seem totally legit until the time of the bait and switch.

Varmint,

Saudi Aramco is totally legit, I know some guys that are still working there today. I dealt directly with their USA office in Houston. No sim eval just interviews.

Other people took the same offer and were upgraded after a short period. I just didn't like the uncertainty of it or the way it was offered. I think that the company may have been burned by people padding their experience and were just trying to protect themselves.

I mentioned Africa, because a few months ago I was offered a 767 DEC position out of Egypt.

Latest resources

Back