Continual log-outs???

UnAnswerd

Activity Terminated
Total Time
NA
Is it just me??? Always have to log back in even though I never logged out.

FL000

Total Time
It's not just you, though it doesn't happen every time to me. Also, clicking "new posts" doesn't give me just the new posts. I get about 500 threads each time, but there is a break which reads "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts."

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Total Time
>8,000
FL000 said:
It's not just you, though it doesn't happen every time to me. Also, clicking "new posts" doesn't give me just the new posts. I get about 500 threads each time, but there is a break which reads "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts."
496. Every time. :(

20 pages.

every time...

When you log in, make sure you check the box beside "Remember Me." For me, anyway, that feature was reset during the "upgrade."

Neal

Administrator
Staff member
The new system tracks what you read vs. just marking things read based on your session expiring (20 minutes). As you can see, you may come back to finish up some reading but the posts got marked as ready. To "catch up" and mark things read, click Quick Links then "Mark Forums Read" and it will clear the new count. I'm not sure the logic on providing posts you haven't read, that's new to 3.5.

As for log-outs, clear your browser cookies and ensure the browser security settings also allows cookies/and or doesn't automatically purge cookies. Your browser must support "session cookies".

Kream926

pimpin' aint easy
Total Time
they are just trying to give you a hint unanswered