Company paid parking?

FurloughedAgain

Cabin Heating & Air Tech.
Total Time
10000+
This may seem like an odd question, but I'm curious what industry standard is.

Does your company pay for employee parking for you? In domicile? What about for commuters?

Thanks!

Ky.BrownBourbn

Total Time
<9K
SW does NOT pay for parking for any employee, If you work at corporate HQ it's free, It use to be free at a parking Deck at Dallas Love Field at a Parking Deck that the company built for the city but that ended recently!

When Swapa is questioned about why it isn't, they usually imply we are paid enough to pay for parking (Same response that corporate gives them!). That's the idiotic thinking we deal with here. Same thing about Uniforms, no uniform allowance either! (FAT got money to switch uniforms but that's a different story!) Interestingly enough, commuter I worked for had PAID PARKING AND UNIFORM ALLOWANCE!

Later,
KBB

Ex737Driver

Contract 2020????
Total Time
15000+
Out of base, UAL pays $35.00 a month for a receipt available expense report. Take a pic on your ipad, fill in the blanks and submit. Direct deposit into your bank account.

CaptETWes

Total Time
8000+
Current airline pays you whatever it costs for employee parking at your domicile. If it's free then you're SOL if you commute and pay for parking at your home airport.

Ty Webb

Hostage to Fortune
Total Time
11000+
AirTran gave you one of the following, your choice:

1) ATL Parking Pass
2) MARTA Pass (light rail to airport)
2) Cost of ATL parking pass to apply to your commuter parking ($18./month, whoopee!)

waveflyer

Total Time
Swa is the only airline I've ever worked at that didn't provide parking

Ralph Cramden

Took the Red Pill
Total Time
2much
Virgin America pays for in base parking, or gives $75 per month to offset commuter parking. You can sign up for either plan, (but not both) no receipts required.

HAL

Total Time
10000+
HA pays $25 a month towards the $30/month parking at HNL. There's nothing else for commuters, so we end up paying full fare at our home airports.

HAL

XTW

XCA Monkey
Total Time
AirTran gave you one of the following, your choice:

1) ATL Parking Pass
2) MARTA Pass (light rail to airport)
2) Cost of ATL parking pass to apply to your commuter parking ($18./month, whoopee!)

If you choose option 2, do they give you an allowance for a sidearm to use in-transit? :)

Ty Webb

Hostage to Fortune
Total Time
11000+
If you choose option 2, do they give you an allowance for a sidearm to use in-transit? :)
No, but if you upgraded to a 3 "D" cell Maglite and coated your hat in clear epoxy, you had a veritable club and shield to fend off the troglodytes until your stop.

;)

relief tube

Total Time
Crazy how some majors don't when even some regionals do. Rah does if in base, or 30$ a month otherwise I believe

FurloughedAgain

Total Time
10000+
I was surprised as well to hear that some majors don't provide parking or a uniforms allowance.

aa73

Total Time
AA pays for parking in base, and if it's co-terminal they pay for all 3 airports.

Still no uniform allowance!

Uncle Bunkle

Total Time
xxx
At GoJets they really treat the pilots well. And they actually want to see pilots happy.

FurloughedAgain

Total Time
10000+
So what do we have so far on this list:
SWA: no pay
Virgin: in base parking or up to $75 for commuters
AA: parking in base
Republic: parking in base or $30 for commuters
AirTran: parking in ATL, Marta pass, or $18 for commuters
JetBlue: parking in base, light rail pass, or $$ for commuters
Hawaiian: $25 towards parking in base
GoJets: no pay
UAL: $35 per month towards parking

Anybody know what Delta, AA, USAir, Spirit, Envoy, Allegiant, Frontier, other large operators?

LearLove

Total Time
12000+
Not sure where the MTA is at LUS (aligned with AA or not) but parking in base is paid and out of base you get something like 35 or 40 per month. I live in base therefor I'm not really sure what the reimbursement out of base is. The 35 or 40 is what I've been told by crew members during conversation from what I can recall.

CaptETWes

Total Time
8000+
Delta is free in base. No reimbursement out of base.

IAHERJ

Total Time
hmmm?
So what do we have so far on this list:
SWA: no pay
Virgin: in base parking or up to $75 for commuters
AA: parking in base
Republic: parking in base or $30 for commuters
AirTran: parking in ATL, Marta pass, or $18 for commuters
JetBlue: parking in base, light rail pass, or $$ for commuters
Hawaiian: $25 towards parking in base
GoJets: no pay
UAL: $35 per month towards parking

Anybody know what Delta, AA, USAir, Spirit, Envoy, Allegiant, Frontier, other large operators?
UAL is free in base. The 35/month is for commuters using home airport. Just to clarify. Can't believe any airline would not completely pay for in base parking for employees.