Comair will be no more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SkyWench

Comair pilots thought that the 900's that delta was buying was to be flown by them.....HA, not according to this article. They lied to ya again.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Mesa Announces Amendment to Existing Code Share Agreement and Expanded Code Share Agreement With Delta Air Lines[/FONT]

Print article Refer to a friend
2007-03-14 09:10:54 -

PHOENIX, March 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group Inc. announced today that it has reached an agreement with [COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Delta [/FONT][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Air [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lines[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] ("Delta") for an amendment to and assumption of its existing Delta Connection Agreement ("Amended DCA"), as well as for a new code share agreement to operate 14 CRJ-900 regional jet aircraft ("Expansion DCA"), both subject to approval by the Bankruptcy Court overseeing Delta's [COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chapter [/FONT][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]11 [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]bankruptcy[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] proceedings. After service begins pursuant to the Expansion DCA and the Amended DCA, the Mesa regional jet fleet [COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flying[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] for
Delta will consist of 14 CRJ-900s and 36 ERJ-145s.
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19990210/LAW065 ) Expansion DCA
The Expansion DCA authorizes Mesa to operate 14 CRJ-900 regional jet aircraft as a Delta Connection Carrier for a term of up to ten (10) years. This new service is expected to begin in September 2007. The [COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]compensation[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] structure for the Expansion DCA will be similar to the structure in the existing Delta Connection agreement, except in the following areas:
"We are delighted that Delta has once more demonstrated confidence in Mesa and provided us this opportunity to expand our valued [COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]partnership[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]," said Mesa Chairman and CEO, Jonathan Ornstein. "Since we began flying for Delta in October 2005 our people have worked hard to provide a high quality product to our Delta Connection customers and we would like to thank them for their important contribution."
"We look forward to continuing to work closely with Delta to deliver the best [COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]customer [/FONT][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]service[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] experience possible to our passengers and to ensure that Mesa continues to make a positive contribution to Delta's success," Ornstein added.
"Delta is pleased to be expanding our relationship with Freedom Airlines," said Shawn Anderson Delta's vice president in charge of the Delta Connection. "The addition of these capable new aircraft -- the CRJ-900 -- into their program in a two-class configuration will be a clear winner for our customers."
Delta Air Lines offers customers service to more [COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]destinations[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] than any global airline with Delta and Delta Connection carrier service to 308 destinations in 52 countries. With more than 60 new international routes added in the last year, Delta is America's fastest growing [COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]international [/FONT][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]airline[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and is a leader across the Atlantic with flights to 31 trans-Atlantic destinations. To [COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Latin [/FONT][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]America[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and the Caribbean, Delta offers more than 600 weekly flights to 58 destinations. Delta's marketing alliances also allow customers to earn and redeem SkyMiles on more than 14,000 flights offered by SkyTeam and other partners. Delta is a founding member of SkyTeam, a global [COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]airline[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] alliance that provides customers with extensive worldwide destinations, flights and services. Including its SkyTeam and worldwide codeshare partners, Delta offers [COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#0000cc! important][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flights[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] to 458 worldwide destinations in 99 countries. Customers can

anyway........

that was from an RFP from Aug. They are guarenteed to get a % of new flying (as well as maintaining at least 90% of the current flying)

Bottom line: this wasn't a new RPF so Comair wasn't intitled to get it... next time around contractually they have to get 40% of it

Bottom line: this wasn't a new RPF so Comair wasn't intitled to get it... next time around contractually they have to get 40% of it

correct me if I am wrong, but I think CMRs scope protections regarding the amount of DCI flying go out the window if CMR is sold. I would be surprised if CMR is not sold within a year of Delta coming out of BK.

It is interesting... everyone keeps saying that (that rumor has been around for several years). I could see that happening, but I am confused why Delta took Comair into bankrouptcy with them to protect them as an asset (thus protecting them from a sale)

either way, anything in this industry isn't a sure thing

Delta ordered 30 CR9s. Mesa got awarded to operate 14 of those.

What about the other 16? Could be Comair?

A memo came out a few weeks ago saying that Comair does't expect to be awarded anything this time around.

Unless, of course, you guys take more pay concessions, freeze longevity, share hotel rooms, give up insurance, blah, blah, blah.

correct me if I am wrong, but I think CMRs scope protections regarding the amount of DCI flying go out the window if CMR is sold. I would be surprised if CMR is not sold within a year of Delta coming out of BK.

The growth guarantees go out the window, but the minimum fleet provision does not.

Delta ordered 30 CR9s. Mesa got awarded to operate 14 of those.

What about the other 16? Could be Comair?

Where does the rumor Pinnacle is getting 15 or so 900s out SLC fit into this? My take would be that it is the other half of those 30 aircraft.

Where does the rumor Pinnacle is getting 15 or so 900s out SLC fit into this? My take would be that it is the other half of those 30 aircraft.

Or it is just a rumor and there is no truth to it.

Latest resources

Back