Comair Voluntary leave of absence ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJFlyer

Any body have any info on this, anyone...?

Just read the posts and realized this doesn't sound too good at the moment...Can anyone give me that warm, fuzzy feeling inside....also any monetary donations would be great :D

holy testicle tuesday batman!!!!!

R U in that class??? if so when did you interview??? (The usual questions)..did you call down there recently...?

I interviewed in Feb. and was told recently that I'm fairly close to the top of the list.. prob within the first couple of classes depending on what the military guys r doin....

wow this is all news to me...I was thinking July would be when they start up again......if you r in that class how much notice did they give? Did you get a package in the mail?

OK I'll give ya a chance to divulge your info...

Any word as to how many classes they plan to run after the June 17th one? 1x/wk or 1x/every other week?

Thanks in advance.

Please explain why it doesn't give you a warm fuzzy? Perhaps you are worried about your class? It's just because our aircraft deliveries are late, due to the strike at Bombardier. All of the people who were supposed to be in class will now be flying, so they offered unpaid leave. We will still be getting the same amount of aircraft, only late. Nothing to worry about.

Warm Fuzzy

skydiverdriver said:
Please explain why it doesn't give you a warm fuzzy? Perhaps you are worried about your class? .

Well... DUH!! With all that is going on right now in this industry, I can fully understand why this person is worried. ANYTHING that infers the possibility of a slowdown or even furloughs is enough to get the attention of most of us much less the folks that are trying to get a foot in the door!!:confused: :confused:

Sabre60 pretty much hit the nail on the head...I've been furloughed once this year and had a class with a different company cancelled becasue of 9/11...totally understandable..except I was told it would be only a month or two wait....9 months later they haven't even started calling back their furloughed..so I'm back with my original airline again..I love my schedule and the plane is fun to fly but I'm ready to move up and Comair kinda fell right in my lap....I didn't even expect an interview with all the high time guys out there applying.....but its been almost 4 months waiting for Comair and sometimes financial positions change in an airline so I was just getting worried that maybe they are getting ready for a slowdown...

livin the highlife...miller highlife

Warm Fuzzy

CRJFlyer said:
Sabre60 pretty much hit the nail on the head...I've been furloughed once this year and had a class with a different company cancelled becasue of 9/11...sometimes financial positions change in an airline so I was just getting worried that maybe they are getting ready for a slowdown...

livin the highlife...miller highlife

I TOTALLY understand your position CRJ. I got caught in the first round of furloughs with MIDWAY on the 14th of August. I was sitting in my living room watching TV on 9/11 with a 9/12 class date with COMAIR. I very much appreciate the apprehension you and others must feel in these most difficult of times!:eek: :eek:

Latest resources

Back