• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Shrinking More And Faster?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
southwest and other lcc's have not entered CVG becuase Delta owned all the gates. Now that that is no longer the case, watch for one of them to enter the market soon.

The market now shows that regional companies who are independent contractors for mainline carriers are doing, on average, much better than the owned subsidiaries. Based on that I think it is fair to say that without its hands being tied by Mother Delta, Comair would be in a much better position today had it not been purchased.

Yes, the strike did cost Delta a hunk of money but they were the cause of the strike in the first instance. They just thought that scum like Comair would never dare to strike the almighty Delta. Their "real" pilots never did, so why would they expect different from a collection of riff-raff? Turns out they were wrong. We will never know but, IMO, there would never have been a strike if DAL had not acquired CMR.

I'm sure they haven't forgotten it but that doesn't matter; they hated Comair's guts before they bought it and they still do.

Delta didn't buy Comair because they wanted it; they bought it to keep it from ever coming into its own. From that perspective, their plan was a success, all be it a very expensive one.

I agree 100% To anyone who thinks Delta isn'y holding a grudge against Comair, when I spoke to Dick Anderson about Comairs' future, he looked at me like I asked to pork his wife. TIFWIW.

I love it when the General shows up. I just sit back with some popcorn and get some of the best entertainment on here.

When Delta bought us only 45% of our traffic connected to Delta. We were purchased because we were looking to buy Spirit and expand. And as far as the strike. At least we showed some cojones. When has a Delta pilot EVER gone to the front of the line to fight for a contract? Never. Every NWA pilot on my JS thinks the The RD's are spoiled babies. The "hired, not aquired" stickers say it all.

YA because Comair sold the tickets to those customers?

Face it, Comair was a flea on Delta's balls and we scratched you off with our M----Fing paws.

You probably sit at the computer with vaseline in one hand and ur Johnson in the other

The same with you, but you do it in your mobile home (a single wide). When you need to clean yourself up, you probably go jump in the river out back, and catch minows for dinner.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
southwest and other lcc's have not entered CVG becuase Delta owned all the gates. Now that that is no longer the case, watch for one of them to enter the market soon.

How long has the Comair terminal been closed? SWA or some LCC like Virgin America could have used that for the past couple of years. Very little O&D traffic in CVG, mostly all connections.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
How long has the Comair terminal been closed? SWA or some LCC like Virgin America could have used that for the past couple of years. Very little O&D traffic in CVG, mostly all connections.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Actually, Delta "owns" the lease on that building thru 2025. It's empty but delta still paying for it.

Latest resources

Back