comair scheldules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

back

HOW ARE THE SCHELDULES AT COMAIR WHEN YOU HOLD A LINE ? WHAT ARE THE MIN DAYS OFF A MONTH ? IF SOMEONE COULD POST AN EXAMPLE OF A SCHELDULE WITH A LINE I WOULD APPRICATE IT. DO THEY ALLOW YOU TO COMMUTE ?

I believe its ten days off min a month, and it goes to eleven this summer. Of course you can commute at any airline, but it's a lot of trouble. I would suggest you move to your base, unless you have a huge inheritance you would lose if you move here. I'm sorry that I don't have a schedule to post for you, but it would be meaningless anyway. My schedule would be different for you when you get to my senority level, as it is for people senior and junior to me. They change every month. Perhaps if you tell us what your criteria is, and we can tell you if this will work for you. Also, if this is the only job you are offered, are you going to turn it down because of the schedule? I would suggest you get the job and work with whatever they give you. All 1400 of us do, and I have friends that commute from LAX and PHX to CVG. So, tell us, what do you need?

A question for skydiverdriver.
I have the pay scale for the first year, but am curious as to what that translates to in real life. What is the average takehome pay for your first year?

Thanks

As far as commuting goes, I'd highly recommend moving to CVG. Reserve is running over 1.5 years right now which could make commuting pretty miserable. I expect that will get better sometime in 2002 but it still won't be short. The good news is we now have a commuter clause which takes some of the anxiety out of getting stuck.

As far as pay translation. Generally move the decimal to the right 4 places and you have the annual salary. I think newhire pay is 22.50 so that's roughly 22k. Second year 33.50......33k and so on. Just a swag, but comes out pretty close.

Thanks to jet, because I really couldn't answer robbo's question. the first year pay depends on how long you are in training, which can vary. if you want to know how much you will make the first year after training ends, than that calculation would be correct. Hope this helps you.

Remember per diem can add up. If you fly alot, you can add 3-5k$ tax free dollars peryear to your salary..

Latest resources

Back