• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the cog test is not too bad except for the last test. If you go to aviationinterviews.com they have some great gouge on it. I wouldn't worry about it too much. There is also the personality test. (i.e. strongly disagree-strongly agree) Just be honest. The interview, to me, was the most important. go to the website i mentioned and think of some flying stories for each HR question.
Good luck!

sorry for the lateness i just got back from a three-day trip...

the site mentioned for gouge is probably your best bet, along with this web site. i interviewed over a year ago and it has changed too much for me to comment on it, other than the h/r portion which is standard h/r stuff. be ready to answer questions about jets, high-speed aero, jepps. i'm sure you know the deal...

emb-120 by contract could be hear for up to 18 months from the date of signing. basically the end of 2002. actually irrelevant to a new-hire, as we don't hire into the brasilia anymore. as far as new-hires are concerned we are all jet.

i do not use a program to sort trips. if you saw the trips for orlando you would know why. i think in jan we had like 7 trips, some of which only ran on one day, and three or four high-speeds.

i don't know if anyone uses them in CVG. i'm not familiar with the particulars of those programs.

not sure how reserve worked at your company but to my knowledge we don't have a "don't fly list" for reserve. reserves are called out in inverse seniority order. if you are senior, you could "bid to fly" thereby making you "junior" and subject to call out. that would obviously be the opposite of what you were asking about. another technique you could use is to bid a reserve window that will minimize your chances of being called. we have 8 reserve windows in MCO. i don't know what they do in CVG.

from what i can tell if you are junior in CVG your beeper is going off like a prom dress. here in MCO i have to check to see if my batteries are dead because my pager never goes off. until you are fairly senior and about to get a line in CVG expect to be called. i have heard that 90 hours on reserve is not uncommon up there.

PM me if you have more questions.

Man, 90 hours on reserve? Things must have changed a bunch, because i never broke guarantee, even when I bid to fly. I was going to movies with my roomate, who is near my senority. We never missed a movie or got called to go right away. That only happened on the early shift. You can ask for your reserve windows, and the early ones fly. The later ones sit. So, you can pretty much get what you want.

Hope this helps.

yeah 90 hours. i've been told that by friends that fly out of CVG and also in talking to a couple of CRJ guys as they pass through MCO. also from former CRJ FO's that are now CPT's on the 120.

i'm sure it's the exception rather than the rule...

I was on the A2 window all January (0400-1800).
I flew 16 hours the entire month. I did not bid to fly, though several buddies of mine did and were lucky to fly 20 hours, though they did sit 6 ready reserves and some had to sit in the sim for other pilot's training.

I had 2 call outs, for 2 overnights and 1 ready reserve for an out and back. Yawn.

I went 3 weeks without being called.

I'm on the A5 this month. Hope it's a little different.

as i said i'm sure it's the exception...most of the guys i've talked with complain about how much their pager goes off, and not having a life.

gotta love reserve here at comair!

could be worse, you could be down here in MCO...i've flown and been called out even less than you...still don't have 100 hrs and closing in on the 120 day mark...

upgrade

js31pilot,
you are good to go with a total of 3000 hours, that is the big requirement that people are waiting for, that holds up the acadamy and CFI pilots that are hired.

the most recent bid that came out a couple days ago has the most junior RJ Capt starting training May 8, he has been here for 28 months this month, it may go less senior as the the year comes to an end. since we are receiving 37 or 38 a/c this year, that's about 266 crew, (266 per seat). so it may drop below 24 months.

apply!
good luck!

Latest resources

Back