Comair Process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SCHELDULES

QUICK QUESTION ON THE 10 DAYS OFF MIN. DO MOST OF THE PILOTS GET JUST THE MINIMUM OR ARE THERE TIMES THAT YOU GET MORE THAN THE MIN. OG 10 DAYS OFF ?

Regarding the question about how long reserve is. Hard for me to answer because I don't work in CVG, where all of the new-hires will be based. I'll never see a line, except a CD line if I'm lucky, in MCO. From the post above I see that the one guy is way junior to me in CVG and he is holding a CD line in CVG, which is a good sign. I have a hard time touching them in MCO.

Recently on another board I heard the company was advertising 6 - 8 months on reserve. Again, I can only think they are saying this because of their projections for hiring and aircraft deliveries. Realistically, I have been talking to CVG-based pilots in MCO that have been on reserve for over a year, sometimes close to two. Those that have upgraded at the earliest opportunity have been sitting reserve for an additional couple of years.

Ten days off is the number of days guaranteed to be off for reserves. I don't know of any reserves that get more than this, I don't think they ever do because Comair loves to have reserves. You would never have less than 10 as a line-holder, and depending how you bid, you can always try to get more.

Also, continuous duty lines are built to ten days off as well.

what does continous duty mean ? is it same as duty rigs ? also the 10 days off a month min. question was more geared to a person holding a line. I t sounds like a complicated bidding process but i am sure you can (with enoff seniority end up with more than 10 days off a month )

continuous duty, aka CD, means you never come off duty. you show up for work say at 2100, go fly, then go to a hotel for five hours, then fly back to your base, then get released, say at 0800. you are on duty for 11 hours continuously.

a CD line is when you pair up three of these in a row with two days for example, and you do that the entire month.

yes, it is a coplex bidding process, but i think in the end it provides you with more flexibility than the "hard lines" that a lot of other airlines use. you get to pick and chose what you desire to fly and when you want to fly it, or what days off you have.

you will never have less than ten days off a month here. or 11 or 12 as the case may be in the future

thanks for your reply, all of my flying has been corporate and am trying to compare the lifestyles between the two. I guess it comes down to senority in the long run. I am hopeing to interview soon with comair and just trying to get a feel as to how a monthly scheldule would look like.

Minimums

What are the minimums to apply to a company like Comair? In other words, what do you need to be taken seriously??? Just curious....Thanks!

oh yeah, seniority rules everything in the airline world. you can never have enough!

i don't know what your lifestyle is like as a corporate pilot, but i've heard a lot of bad stories about constantly on call, tied to a beeper, etc. oh, wait, that kind of sounds like my lifestyle here at comair! :)

seriously, though, until you get enough seniority to hold a line you won't have much of a lifestyle on reserve. the only thing that i can think of that would help you in that are is to actually live in the city where you are based. commuting is one of the worst aspects of the job, esp. in the post-911 world.

piperpilot, the mins at comair are listed on the human resources section at comair.com. realistically, however, that will probably find your resume in the circular file these days. i hear through the grapevine that they currently have no shortage of resumes from people with 3000-4000 and a load of multi time, not to mention crj flight time.

that being said, if you even come close you be out nothing but the cost of a fax by sending your stuff in. you just never know...

I've got an interview on Wed. Any last minute gouge. I've heard about the Cog test. Did you take it last year? Remember what it is like? Heard anything about it? How much longer will they have the EMB-120?

Do you use a computer program to sort out the pairings for the bidding? (not that I'm putting the carriage in from of the horse)

If you put your self on the don't fly list for reserve, what are the chances that you'll get called?

I know lots of questions, but I appreciate your time.

Thanks in advance

Latest resources

Back